Special Dining and Entertainment on Edge

sherry1952

On past cruises on other cruise lines, I have been able to see the entertainment at least a year in advance and book some shows in advance of departure. Looking at my booking on the Celebrity Edge leaving on July 26th going to Alaska I can read paragraphs about some of the entertainment, but you can't book anything in advance? Is there a specific time frame when you can see exactly what shows are on that ship and book prior to departure or does this ship not do this? Also, I am thinking about booking a couple of special dining packages. Maybe the Le Petite Chef, Eden or the Roof Top Dining. Does anyone have any comments on these restaurants or any others one way or the other? Thanks so much for your help.

sptrout

Shore Excursion Manager
Celebrity does not take reservations for shows; first come first seated. I also would not put much faith in any shows that appear on their App until either a few days before departure, or more likely, once you are on board using their Wi-Fi network.

Of the restaurants you mentioned, we have only been to Eden. We had mixed opinions about Eden, but many, many cruisers flag Eden as their #1 restaurant. Roof Top Grill gets good reviews and comments as does Le Petite Chef, but it is more of a once and done experience.

Whatever restaurants that you decide on, I recommend reserving/buying early (now) as the prime days and times can vanish quickly. If you have OBC you can use it to buy restaurant reservations. If using OBC be careful when checking out because the system automatically defaults to charging your credit card. Using OBC appears on the checkout page, but is not obvious to first time users. Showtimes are usually 7 with a repeat at 9 (but may be later especially in Alaska). In any case, I would book any of these restaurants early to make sure that you make the show times that you prefer. The only oddball is Le Petite which has only two specific reservation times as it is as much a show as a meal.

George C

Staff Captain
Love the Edge , our favorite specialty restaurant on all celebrity ships is ‘Le Petit Chef’ totally unique 4 course meal , we did this twice last cruise and may do it three times next . Fine cut was enjoyable it is their steak restaurant. I heard Eden was great but menu didn’t interest us, we had did a upsell to penthouse and upper suites included all specialty restaurants.