STAR PRINCESS - April 23,2006

J

Jaxson

I know this is kind of early but we wanted to be able to select certain cabins together with some friends.Is anyone else doing their planning ahead of time and traveling on this cruise?

R

ReadyToSail

Hi there,
I just booked this cruise last week for the same reason. I wanted a particular cabin. It'll just be my husband and myself. It will be our second cruise on Princess. We were on the Golden last April and had a wonderful time.

J

Jaxson

Hi ReadyToSail.This is also our second cruise on Princess. We sailed on the Grand Princess this past April and had a really wonderful time.Boy,we like to sail at the same time,don't we! The Golden is also a sister ship to the Grand and The Star, isn't it?We should be able to find our way around then.What itinerary did you go on?We booked this one to celebrate our 25th anniversary and our friend is having a 50th Birthday celebration the same day so we thought what better way to celebrate!Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I noticed in another thread that another couple, Amy and Chris, are sailing on this cruise also,maybe they will join this roll call.It's nice to chat to pass the time before you cruise,don't you think? Jaxson

D

denise630

Hi Jaxson,
What a wonderful way to celebrate. Happy 25th. My husband and I live in a suburb of Chicago. Yes, the Golden is a sister ship. We did the eastern itinerary last year out of Ft. Lauderdale. The Golden now leaves out of San Juan. We really like Princess, especially the anytime dining. Our previous 3 cruises were on Carnival (Imagination, Paradise and Pride) which we loved, also.

I love to chat about my cruises. This definately is the best way to do it. My friends laugh at me for booking my vacations so early. I've already been looking at any pictures I can find on the Star Princess at www.cruiseclues.com.

Denise

J

Jaxson

Hi Denise and Thank You! You are not far from me, I live about 30 miles south of Rochester NY,in the Finger Lakes Region.What made you decide after cruising on Carnival, to try Princess?Just to try something different?I looked at Carnival last year, as since it was our first cruise,I wasn't really sure what way to go. I think the personal choice dining and the fresh water pools open at night and in port clinched the deal.Where have you gone to before on your Carnival cruises? We sailed a western itinerary last April on the Grand Princess. We really loved Cozumel and Grand Cayman so we decided to go back again.I hope it has recovered from the Hurricane damage by then.By the way, I'm with you on booking early. Alot of cruisers book this early because they want to be able to pick a certain cabin and more time to save up for it! I am glad we have gotton some responses to this roll call. Even though it's a litlle early, I was beginning to think we had the whole ship to ourselves!It will be nice to get to know people before we sail.I know what you mean about scouring the internet for pictures, I have been doing the same thing!If I find more I will post the sites here.TTFN....Jackie

R

ReadyToSail

Hi Jackie,
We really loved our Carnival cruises. We never saw much of the craziness that people talk about on Carnival ships, maybe because we don't travel during peak season. We did the western itinerary each time. Last year was our first eastern itinerary (St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cays). We love Cozumel. We also visited there a couple of times when we did all-inclusive in the Playa del Carmen area. We would just take the ferry over.

We decided we wanted to try a different cruise line just to have a different experience. Anytime dining and fresh water pools were definately a plus. On Princess there seemed to be more people our age (we're both 49). I don't know if that was just on our particular sailing or if it's that way all the time. We actually booked Carnival first for next year, and then changed our minds and cancelled.

We decided to splurge this time and try a mini suite. We'll be on the Emerald deck.

I love to get to know the people I'll be cruising with before we sail. We've done this in the past and set up a time to meet on the ship.

Talk to you soon,
Denise

J

Jaxson

Hi denise.We are on Caribe Deck, C254. Last time, on the Grand, we were on Lido Deck,which was great,close to the pools, but the running track was right over our heads and you could hear people jogging at various times.Caribe Deck is supposed to have the bigger balcony's and the other couple traveling with us has the cabin right next to us so we are hoping to have the room steward open the divider up between the balconies and maybe have them bring a couple of loungers up for us.Maybe for an extra generous tip!We aslo love to meet up with other people on the cruise.We did this the last cruise with about 40 other people from another board,CC.But when I posted a roll call,I didn't get any responses,like I did here.My husband and I are both 43 yrs. young! We found many cruisers are around this age frame on Princess.When we were in Cozumel, we booked The Royal Swim with the dolphins in Chaankanaab Park and had a fantastic time!It's a huge Park you can walk through that has Mayan ruins in it.We also had some authentic nachos on the beach at a little place there that also had a strolling mariachi band going from table to table, it was very nice.I hear the snorkeling is good to,although we were in the water enough that day!We alos did the Stingray City thing in Grand Cayman with a local company and had a ball! Will definately do it again when we are there.We are also renewing our vows on this cruise so I can't wait to start arranging for that.Well, will be chatting soon,take care! Jackie