STAR PRINCESS: GREEK ISLES, SEPTEMBER 25, 2005

• Thread starter Mike & Charlotte
  • Start date
M

Mike & Charlotte

Who else is booked on this cruise? My Travel Agent tells me that it's fully booked with a waiting list for all categories, but I don't see anybody else on Cruise Tracker or on the list of threads for this cruise. Great itinerary, and we'd love to meet other PAX to arrange some private shore excursions.

Charlotte

M

Mike & Charlotte

This cruise is sold out; aren't there any Cruise-Addicts aboard? It's a fantastic itinerary!

Charlotte

B

bumper65

YOU GUYS LEAVE WHEN WE GET BACK...OURS IS SEPT 13-25...BARCELONA/ROME
WERE YOU ABLE TO GET A DECENT DISCOUNT OR UPGRADE??

M

Mike & Charlotte

We booked the specific cabin that we wanted so there was no upgrade offered or expected. However, I think we got a good price. We booked it while aboard the Tahitian Princess in May, 2003.

Have a g-r-e-a-t cruise. Your itinerary is different than ours, though. They only did this particular itinerary in early May and late September. Big difference is that we'll go to Mikonos, Santorini, Rhodes, Corfu and Kataklon, as well as some non-island cities.

Charlotte

M

Makeithappen57

For clairification I need to ask, what cruise are you discussing here?

I know you are not booked this September 25, 2005 on the

Star Princess for the Greek Isles because it is doing a transatlantic crossing from

Cophenhagen September 22, 2005 for 17 days.

Thanx,

Jill

M

Mike & Charlotte

It was an initial slip of the fingers. The cruise happened last September/October, and it was wonderful.

Charlotte

M

Makeithappen57

Awww that makes all the sense in the world! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your trip, are you just back from another cruise?

Jill

M

Mike & Charlotte

Yes, we just returned a couple of weeks ago after a 20-day trip from Ft. Lauderdale on Celebrity's Infinity, through the Panama Canal, then down the west coast of South America to Valparaiso, with an extra few days in Santiago. The itinerary was outstanding; the weather beautiful, and the trip most memorable.

Charlotte

M

Mike & Charlotte

BTW, if you'd like more on either the Star's transatlantic crossing or the Greek Isles Cruise, there are extensive threads on both on Cruise Critic. Many of the people were back-to-backers.

Charlotte

R

RammerJammerBama

Mike & Charlotte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
How do you find out whether a cruise is sold out?

Roll Tide!

> This cruise is sold out; aren't there any
> Cruise-Addicts aboard? It's a fantastic
> itinerary!
>
> Charlotte

M

Mike & Charlotte

Go to the cruiseline's website, and follow the process as if you were going to purchase a cabin. Where it says "type of accommodation" click on balcony, or inside, or suite, or whatever. I also consider a cruise sold out if the only thing left is the President's/Owner's Suite that costs something like $17,000 per person. If you play with it for a minute or so it's pretty easy to find out what type of cabin is still available.

BTW, as noted previously, I goofed on the date at the beginning of this thread. The cruise was actually for 2004. Last year Princess had only two departures with that itinerary, and both sold out quickly. In 2005 they've dedicated a whole summer of departures on one ship to the Greek Isles so they shouldn't sell out so quickly. Of course, the trans-Atlantic cruises are only twice per year per ship, but those tend to sell slowly, and good bargains are to be had even on the last sailing of the regular schedule before crossing. For instance, there were several couples on our Greek Isles cruise who had lots of spare time and who snatched up real bargains by agreeing to stay on for the crossing, ending up in Ft. Lauderdale. It helped that Princess had arranged their air initially. Of course, they had to change cabins; they packed up and the cabin boys moved them while they were out sightseeing for the day.

Charlotte