Sunday Night Ramble

B

BostonsJ

What's happening Afters? It was about 80 degrees here today sunny and beautiful.

Well I decided to pull some drawers apart and wash what I wanted to keep and get rid of some other things...So I'm trying to get that laundry done now. Does anyone else have 400 pair of white socks? OMG I have more socks......Mike bought them for me about 2 years ago on an auction on Ebay and I still have over 100 pair never worn with tags on. LOL Of course I have a whole bag I have worn and never manage to get paired up and back into the drawer also...

I washed my car and cleaned the windows the glare of the sun here while driving home is so bad, so those windows needed a good cleaning.

Then I pulled all the flowers out of the pots and out of my wagon...Stored the pots until next year. The wagon I may decorate for the Holidays.

I went shopping and bought a new suit, a sweater and a pair of dress slacks. Dress Barn was having a friends and family sale and I had a 30% off coupon. They have some nice things in so I'll hit them again soon.

The headache was not leaving me no matter how much I tried so I took a short nap. All the windows are still open here is was just gorgeous.

I also took the broom to the deck the leaves just keep blowing up there and we are tracking them into the house. But as soon as it was done more leaves were dropping. arrrrrggggggg

Still working on the laundry and will have to get it all put away and cooking dinner at the same time. We will eat soon and then settle in for the Red Sox-Rockies game. I'd like to see the Rockies play well tonight and win at least one game here at home. I know I'm a softie.

It was nice getting out and doing some outside things today. I miss that so much. The last 3 weekends here have been lousy. In the summer I spend so much time outside gardening and doing out there.

So what's happening at your home today?

D

Donna - dsw

I managed to stay home all day!

Did laundry, changed the bedding and dusted all the furniture. I also got a nap in after the trick-or-treaters.

Talked to Denize on the phone - she reminded me of an old email account I haven't used in awhile - so I wnet and cleaned it out! Had tons of email! lol

We had our sub division trick-or-treat today. Didn't have as many kids as I expected - so the candy will be going to work with me tomorrow - not keeping it at home.

Made a chocolate cake with poweder sugar frosting - it is really good. I put Hersery bars in between the layers of cake. Almost like the melting chocolate cake on Carnival - but it wasn't warm - will have to try that again! lol

Still need to empty the dishwasher - going to watch some tv if there is anything good on.

Everyone have a great evening - enjoy!

A

audrey

It has been a nice day here in calif no fires. When we look back on last sun when were may have had to leave our house we were leaving a lot of stuff we could not replace and taken with us stuff that could be replaced. DH did go around and take pictures of all our collectables that could not be replaced and also painting in case we would have to one day leave.
Watch older grandson this weekend and it went as well can be expected he was bored a lot.
DD went to Laguna Beach for the weekend with a friend as a birthday gift from her friends. We are going to try and go down there with both kids this summer as taking a cruise is out of the questions since she has not been working and we hope she starts a new job this week.
As I said before we are bar a queing hamburgers this evening so dinner will be easy.

C

cycofan

I did some shopping today, too. Got a pair of slacks and a blouse at Banana Republic for work. I bought a red jacket several weeks ago, but needed something to wear with it. Otherwise, Ben is off to bed, and tidying up a bit before Desperate Housewives comes on. HAve a great night!

C

Cruise cutie

:wave I am sitting, which is to say a LOT..

this past week..I worked over 55 hours,trucked Friday afternoon with Mark up to my folks. came home from Maine today after entertaining cousins from CT with my folks, baked, cooked, cleaned, stripped and made beds, came home stripped our bed made it up ,washed 3 loads of laundry, went bowling with Mark for leagues.. and have decided to sit.. :grin pretty boring at that.. may head off to bed in a bit..I am 3-11PM for the next 2 days..

I finally took time to take some photos of home, my folks critters, and the part of the farm.so if I can con Mark into uploading and tweaking on them, he may post them soon..hope you all have a good night..later kids...:)..Joanne

B

BostonsJ

Welcome Back Joanne. Your weekend sounds exhausting. Get some rest.

I'm still churning away at the laundry. LOL I don't know why I do this to myself. Instead of picking a day when I am not doing anything else I decide to do it all in one day. LOL

Ironing will have to wait I'm tuckered.

Have a great week everyone. The weekend is always too short.