Tahitin Princess June 22, 2006

J

JazzDrew

While we have cruised five times before, I am new to Cruise-Addicts. Thanks to everyone who has posted. I have enjoyed researching this cruise with the help of the experts on this site.

We are sailing (with our 12 year old son) on the Tahitian Princess departing June 22, 2006. While this is our first experinece with Princess, we have cruised the Carribean with Carrnival (Imiganation, Destiny), Disney (Magic) and in Alaska with Celebrity (Infinity). We appreciated Carnival's children's programs for our (then ) young son, but we found that we would like to try another line. We decided on Disney. We we much happier with the Disney experience which led to an Alaskan cruise on Celebrity. We found these cruise lines to be a better fit for our family. We are looking forward to sailing on Princess in Tahiti this summer.

Last summer I chose my dream vacation (Africian safari), this summer my wife selected Tahiti. We are staying one night at the Sheraton upon arrival on Tahiti. The following day we fly to Huahine and stay 4 nights at the Te Tiare Resort (the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit magazine was shot at this resort). Then we fly back to Tahiti for the June 22 sailing on the Tahitian Princess.

Based on reading posts here, the Tahitian Princess appears to be another excellent fit for us. The only concerns are kid's activities for our son. He has traveled extensively (Europe 3 times, Hawaii 3 times, Africa, Caribbean thre times, etc..) and ig good around adults. We know that the TP will have limited kids's activities on the ship. We are hoping that there are other kids onboard for him to hang out with!

I will be sure to post a trip report after our holiday this summer for anyone interested. I have certainly appreciated reading all your reports.