Tipping guides

DKB

Waiter
I will be taking a Viking cruise both in July and then December. Multiple stops in countries that are not all taking EUR currency. Example: Denmark, Norway, and North Africa. It would be difficult to have small currency for each country. Any solutions about tipping our guides? Forums that I read say that US dollars are not welcome as the guide would have to take the time to convert.

Subham GMC

I will be taking a Viking cruise both in July and then December. Multiple stops in countries that are not all taking EUR currency. Example: Denmark, Norway, and North Africa. It would be difficult to have small currency for each country. Any solutions about tipping our guides? Forums that I read say that US dollars are not welcome as the guide would have to take the time to convert.

For tipping guides in countries with different currencies, it can indeed be challenging to carry small amounts of each currency. Here are a few practical solutions:
  1. Use Local Currency: Upon arrival in each country, exchange a small amount of local currency specifically for tips. Many airports and hotels offer currency exchange services, and this ensures that your tips are appreciated without causing inconvenience.

2. Credit/Debit Cards: Some guides and service providers may accept tips via credit or debit cards. Check in advance if this option is available.

3. Prepaid Travel Cards: Consider using prepaid travel cards loaded with multiple currencies. These cards are widely accepted and can be a convenient way to handle different currencies without carrying cash.

4. Gift Cards or Small Gifts: In some cultures, small gifts can be an appreciated alternative to cash tips. Research the customs in each destination to ensure this is appropriate.
For personalized assistance with your cruise planning, including tips on handling multi-currency travel, you might find Get My Cruise helpful. They offer tailored advice and services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.

Happy cruising!

DKB

Waiter
For tipping guides in countries with different currencies, it can indeed be challenging to carry small amounts of each currency. Here are a few practical solutions:
  1. Use Local Currency: Upon arrival in each country, exchange a small amount of local currency specifically for tips. Many airports and hotels offer currency exchange services, and this ensures that your tips are appreciated without causing inconvenience.

2. Credit/Debit Cards: Some guides and service providers may accept tips via credit or debit cards. Check in advance if this option is available.

3. Prepaid Travel Cards: Consider using prepaid travel cards loaded with multiple currencies. These cards are widely accepted and can be a convenient way to handle different currencies without carrying cash.

4. Gift Cards or Small Gifts: In some cultures, small gifts can be an appreciated alternative to cash tips. Research the customs in each destination to ensure this is appropriate.
For personalized assistance with your cruise planning, including tips on handling multi-currency travel, you might find Get My Cruise helpful. They offer tailored advice and services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.

Happy cruising!
Thank you for your help.