vancouver to hawaiin islands

Wendykath

Can i ask advice on sailing from Vancouver to Hawaiin Islands in early October - i can get quite seasick and wondering what the ocean may be like at that time. i realize it can change constantly but wondering if it is a good time to go. thank you everyone :)

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Just got back last month from this trip. I personally did not have any issues nor did my partner. However the water was never really smooth and the first three days off the coast going and the last three coming back were rough enough that the bags came out on the stair wells. I did the trip a few yrs ago now a little later into November and it was like glass the whole trip. You can never tell. Sorry.

addictedrob

Sailed that route a couple of times. October's a bit iffy, weather-wise. Seas can be choppy, and storms might pop up. If you're prone to seasickness, might wanna reconsider or stock up on those wristbands and meds.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Sailed that route a couple of times. October's a bit iffy, weather-wise. Seas can be choppy, and storms might pop up. If you're prone to seasickness, might wanna reconsider or stock up on those wristbands and meds.
My only comment on this is that off the Coast in the Spring is a bit iffy, weather-wise too. Unfortunately.