VERY cool model planes - VIDEO

S

ShipMaven

Unbelievable. I really didn't have the time to spare (I'm busy), but I sat glued watching this in fascination. My late Father, who was an early aviator, would have loved this.

Thanks, Glo.

M

megamind

My friend and I are going to go to the model airplane "Top Gun" meet in Lakeland Florida. He will have that plane there and I will get to watch in person. My piddly R/C plane is nothing compared to that.

Art

D

duskbat

I was unable to view the video here cause of my PC but the subject made me remember this video i will post here.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TaRSGTOBi5g&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TaRSGTOBi5g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

C

conniecat

Very very cool! We have a remote control park nearby. See the planes flying a lot. My brother used to set off model rockets there, too. My Dad worked for Mcdonell Douglas for 40 something years. I did, my brother does and SIl does too. (it is Boeing now).

ONe of my very first comic books was the history of flight. I learned to draw Phantoms before doggies and trees, so I really love planes. The moment that took off was breath taking.

PS, I was even named after a plane.

S

ShipMaven

The Constellations (Connies) and Super Constellations were beautiful and comfortable planes - TWA used them a lot. Ironic, I was speaking with a Client this evening whose brother is a pilot now for American Airlines, but was originally a TWA pilot when they were taken over (and wiped out :X ) by AA. We miss TWA.

C

conniecat

Very good, Mary Ann! My dad thought that the Connie was the prettiest pland flying. His mom tried to get my parents to name me Gertrude or Mabel. My dad put his foot down and said that I was to be named after "his" plane! That is why I am not Constance, just connie.

S

ShipMaven

Connie - hats off to your Dad for a lovely choice of names. And I'm sure you know that STL was home base for TWA.

Gosh, I miss TWA and Pan Am. In the "old" days, the Boeing Stratocruiser was to Pan Am what the Connies were to TWA... sigh... I never flew on a Stratocruiser, but did visit the double-decker. I did fly the Connie.

G

GloBug

Back in gees... 1978 ??? I used to run a copy shop in the financial dist of San Fran. One of our customers was Pan Am. Nice people.

S

ShipMaven

Glo - way back when, Pan Am was considered THE most prestigious international airline to fly, especially when Juan Trippe was at the helm. It was considered a great honor for international business executives (non-American) to fly Pan Am. Our company (family business) was a pioneer in air cargo shipments...we had numerous awards from TWA and Pan Am. Nowadays, of course, air cargo is commonplace. But those were very exciting and interesting days when airfreight was in its infancy and new horizons were being explored.