What excursions??

Cyndi

Environmental Compliance Officer
What excursions are y'all booking, anything I should know about? :)

Einstein

Staff Captain
What excursions are y'all booking, anything I should know about? :)

Gonna do the downtown thing in St Maarten, Barbados is up in the air, St. Lucia we are hoping to do the Catamaran to the Pitons, St. Kitts is open as of yet although a trip to Friars Beach might be in order, and St. Thomas ... well it depends on if the demons drag me downtown or to St. John for a lovely day at Trunk Bay. :banana:

red stripe

Staff Captain
your own personal demon is leaning towards St. John.. BUT.. I would love to look into an actual tour of the island this time.

Jeanie

Staff Captain
your own personal demon is leaning towards St. John.. BUT.. I would love to look into an actual tour of the island this time.

This sounds like something I would like to do one day,, Been to St John but never did an island tour.

Cyndi

I have been hearing about a train tour in St. Kits,,, anyone know about that one?

red stripe

Staff Captain
Cyndi, I often get my islands mixed up.. but if it is the one I am thinking about, we were not impressed with it. We saw far more on our tour in a car. lets face it.. the train is limited by the length of the track

audrey

Staff Captain
we were going to take the train but it is $99 a person and I found a tour group fo9r $45 for 4 hours if you want the information let me know. we have never been to st kits and I think that would be a nice tour.

Einstein

Staff Captain
We did a private tour on our own last time for the day for $20 pp and it was fabulous. We hooked up with the lady right in the downtown area and she took US EVERYWHERE. We did see the train several times and in fact wanted to initially do it. The price tag made us step back and we never regretted it. Being that Ed is a REAL Train Buff he might enjoy it for the ride though so it is certainly something to consider Cyndi. Here is a photo of the train as it pass by us ...

ST+Kitts++train+2.jpg

ST+Kitts+train.jpg

After seeing it in person and where it went and getting the Low Down form the female guide that it in essence went only thru the Old Sugar Fields and not many other locations we were glad we opted for our choice. Th Batik Factory was a MUST see for any crafty folks as red was in awe. Here are some photos from the Batik Shoppe ...

ST+Kitts+Batik+factory+red.jpg

ST+Kitts+Batik+factory+4.jpg

and one of red and her Green Monkey Buddy!!!

ST+Kitts+Val+and+monkey.jpg

The Downtown area was being rebuilt as well and had some nice shopping locations but the prices were NOT St. Thomas. lol

ST+Kitts+port+2.jpg

ST+Kitts++our+ship+2.jpg

red stripe

Staff Captain
and I remember that we had time to go off on our own afterwords.. and hours later when we were heading for that arch in the lower photo on our way back to the ship.. I heard someone calling out my name, I turned around and way over in the square was the lady calling and telling me "Bon Voyage".

Some nice memories of that island.

Cyndi

Thanks for the info,,, after looking at the Celebrity tours and reading what you said and talking to Ed, I think we will NOT do the train. But we will go to the Baltic factory,,, I would love to see that, and so I guess we will wing it... :)