What is the Best Cell service on the Venice to Athens cruise?

LCK

I'll be cruising the NCL Pearl June 2024, Venice to Athens with ports in Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, and Greece. I'd like to stay connected with my phone and text messages by buying an eSIM card. I believe it will connect me to the internet where I can make Wifi calls and texts, both on ship and on shore. Has anyone successfully accomplished this? I understand I could accomplish this with unlimited wifi from NCL but $170 is a bit pricey, and only works onboard.

Goliatropin

Deck Crew
Look for eSIM providers that cater to international travelers—they often have plans for multiple destinations and might be more affordable than onboard WiFi.

Snowboasm

I had a similar situation on a European cruise last year and ended up using an eSIM. It worked great for staying connected without the high cost of onboard wifi. I was able to use data and make WiFi calls and texts both on the ship and in port. It was super easy to set up and made managing my communications a breeze. I loved exploring each new destination without worrying about extra charges.

Woody14

Pool Attendant
I used the airalo esim that worked great (not while sailing, just in all the ports)

SuadAnny

The best cell service for a Venice to Athens cruise can be tricky since it varies based on your provider and where you are. From my experience, it’s worth checking out local SIM card options for better coverage and rates.