What is the strangest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Was it the guy walking around in just a bathrobe or the drunk lady who almost died while choking and then ordered dessert?

What's the strangest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
A group of Asian tourists who thought it was funny to keep the boat from sailing. They were nearly an hour late and showed up drunker than skunks. The Captain put them off at the next port. People actually cheered when they left.

Sal Magro

Investigative Reporter
Nikon 056.JPG Grandmas gone wild. Enchantment of the seas May 2014. They were a hoot.

gottagoacruzn

Environmental Compliance Officer
First cruise back in 1982, there was a 3 piece German band on board, their drummer was missing. Well, in the domincan republic, right before sailing, the ship kept paging for John Brown, mind you the ship I was on was a small banana boat. Well the guy didn't answer the page, so the ship pulled back, oh ten ft, an was ready to sail, when a taxi came racin up an out jumped this guy. Well the officers threw him a rope, an you know the rest. It was the drummer an boy, did he get chewed out by the boss, the c d. Met a couple of those band members, a day or so later, an was told the c d, wanted to fire them. Course, I didn't have my camera with me, was funny to watch. After that, always have my camera ready.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Forgot all about it but gottago's post reminded me of it on one of our mexico cruises we were on the carnival elation, were leaving puerto vallarta. the ship had cleared the pier and was moving. We were on the balcony and our cabin was pierside and here comes this guy running and weaving through the building and runs up to the harbor pilot boat which had just returned the guy jumps on the boat pulls from the pier and its a mad dash to get to the ship before it clears the harbor the pilot boat pulls up and the guy literally jumps about 3 feet from the pilot boat to the ship. probably the last time he ever got drunk in puerto vallarta if he was even lucky enough to not be put ashore in cabo.

Another was at dinner in the pinnacle grill on the Volendam, last night of the cruise the captain had joined us, all was fine but a waitress that had just moved up to work in the pinnacle was serving and had offered charlie some gravy for whatever it was he was having ..... well instead of on the food she poured the gravy down his sleeve, dress whites naturally. Next morning we docked in San Fran which was our debarkation port so we were all together in one of the cabins doing goodbyes and charlie stopped by to say goodbye, I asked him how the waitress was doing, he said oh fine, she's in town buying luggage.............. Actually it wasn't charlie, the pinnacle maitre d' had seen what happened and advised the head maitre d' so it became a hotel issue

JacquieP

Staff Captain
One night at the Deck Party, a young man was trying to get the attention of the Cruise Director, and wore only a half coconut shell, no shirt, no shoes, nothing else. One of the staff was sitting with us and made the comment that the kid would need a much larger coconut shell to get the CD's attention!☺

bob

Staff member
One night at the Deck Party, a young man was trying to get the attention of the Cruise Director, and wore only a half coconut shell, no shirt, no shoes, nothing else. One of the staff was sitting with us and made the comment that the kid would need a much larger coconut shell to get the CD's attention!☺
Hi Jacquie............... Welcome home

bob

Staff member
View attachment 75559 Grandmas gone wild. Enchantment of the seas May 2014. They were a hoot.
Hey Sal,
Haven't seen you on for a while , glad to see your back, always was better than your front...................

And as an "investigative reporter" it is important to see that you stay focused on important cruise issues :minion write:

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Forgot all about it but gottago's post reminded me of it on one of our mexico cruises we were on the carnival elation, were leaving puerto vallarta. the ship had cleared the pier and was moving. We were on the balcony and our cabin was pierside and here comes this guy running and weaving through the building and runs up to the harbor pilot boat which had just returned the guy jumps on the boat pulls from the pier and its a mad dash to get to the ship before it clears the harbor the pilot boat pulls up and the guy literally jumps about 3 feet from the pilot boat to the ship. probably the last time he ever got drunk in puerto vallarta if he was even lucky enough to not be put ashore in cabo.

Another was at dinner in the pinnacle grill on the Volendam, last night of the cruise the captain had joined us, all was fine but a waitress that had just moved up to work in the pinnacle was serving and had offered charlie some gravy for whatever it was he was having ..... well instead of on the food she poured the gravy down his sleeve, dress whites naturally. Next morning we docked in San Fran which was our debarkation port so we were all together in one of the cabins doing goodbyes and charlie stopped by to say goodbye, I asked him how the waitress was doing, he said oh fine, she's in town buying luggage.............. Actually it wasn't charlie, the pinnacle maitre d' had seen what happened and advised the head maitre d' so it became a hotel issue
Oh, dear, that poor waitress. Not cool at all. I would have loved to have had a video of the first guy, though. Sigh, when are they goign to learn that the ship doesn' t(usually) wait.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Leaving Ketchikan .... the dock set up was a bit different to the north one ship was docked stern in on an angle. We were heading back to our ship also in that area. The other ship gave a toot and pulled away..Much to the surprize and concern to a couple sauntering along with us. We didn't know them we were just making conversation. Their ship left......funny for us not so much for them.

The Volendam has many stories that can not be told. Careful my friend.

bob

Staff member
The Volendam has many stories that can not be told. Careful my friend.
Ya Think
Starting with how do you smuggle 50 rubber ducks into Canada........ You don't, you have an accomplice

And spikesgirl, that was the beginning of a long friendship with the Moose on the loose

bob

Staff member
Pushing it.............

WOW that's Warren....... he could make stupid crazy look docile .............

Jill B

The roaming Aussie
Pushing it........... you say, well, there's more where that came from :emoticon 0130 devil:

Warren and Suer were so much fun. Never laughed so much! :emoticon 0140 rofl: Actually, that whole cruise was such fun. Luv a duck :)

bob

Staff member
"Pushing it........... you say, well, there's more where that came from :emoticon 0130 devil:"

Think Sue fell off the face of the earth, haven't talked to her in a long time, ya miss them

Remember...........
I have connections with one of the most feared hit men in Australia if you get out of control
Ain't talkin' no crocadile dundee here ya know
Think this picture was taken when he was on his way to the theater
Aussie hit man.jpg

George C

Staff Captain
We were having dinner on solstice about ten years ago in there French restaurant, restaurant was almost empty l but there was a couple sitting not too far from us, one would leave then other would leave this happened a few times, right after there entree arrived the woman picked up her plate and threw it at her partner, waiter apologized to us, I thought it was the best entertainment we saw that week.