What to do in St. Lucia?

spyder209

Waiter
I didn't book an excursion for St. Lucia and was wondering if there is any good shopping near the port? Also, is there a beach nearby that we can get a taxi ride to so we can lounge around all day?:sunny:

Mbandy

Staff Captain

Lee00

It all depends how long you are going to be in port. Where the ship docks there duty free shopping as soon as you get off the ship. Take a look, but I would use the shopping at the port as last resort. You may find the same things in town much much cheaper, but if you don't you can hit them up on your way back to the ship.

There are a couple of really nice beaches that are close. Choc Beach and Reduit (redwee) Beach. Both are very nice. This link will give you better details of what's close to port.
http://uptodatestlucia.com/index.php?id=87

I'll be around to help answer more questions.

spyder209

Waiter
Thanks LeeOO. I couldn't get the link to work, but we are just wanting to check out some of the town, grab some lunch at a local place, and relax on a beach with beautiful water. Which beach to do recommend?

Lee00

You can grab a taxi right off the ship and head over to Rodney Bay Village. Lot's of places to eat, shop and the beach is walking distance. The link you tried was disabled. I thought it was cool since there is another link posted about where to go. The one I left was broader and more up to date.

brobinson

Shore Excursion Manager
I didn't book an excursion for St. Lucia and was wondering if there is any good shopping near the port? Also, is there a beach nearby that we can get a taxi ride to so we can lounge around all day?:sunny:
We are doing a zipline in St. Lucia. We did one on an Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago and it was wonderful! It helped me conquer my fear of heights.