Lindblad Expeditions’ intrepid expedition developers have not ventured far from home during the pandemic, but their travel experience and ambitions roamed widely, creating new expeditions—spectacular new portals into beauty, wildness and the seldom-seen. Each promises epic new adventures—whether it’s transiting the Northwest Passage or exploring New Zealand and the Subantarctic Islands.
The extraordinary adventures include new experiences—visiting Vietnam’s coastal villages or seeing rare penguin species in the Subantarctic isles, and fresh returns—to Raja Ampat for its vibrant undersea, or to Franz Josef Land for its untrammeled wildness. And all, given the renewed optimism provided by advances in therapeutics and testing, or the most important development, a vaccine, offer inspiration to those planning to explore like never before.
Lindblad’s return to travel will also see the debut of the line’s extraordinary new polar vessels, National Geographic Endurance and National Geographic Resolution, both making their maiden voyages in 2021.
EXHILARATING NEW ADVENTURES: Explore New Zealand and beyond on a choice of two itineraries. One immerses you in the land of the Kiwis, venturing to both North and South Islands. The other takes you from New Zealand to the pristine sub-Antarctic Islands for superb wildlife-spotting. Discover a rich tapestry of cultures and lush tropical islands in Indonesia; uncover the stunning beauty and important cultural history of the South Seas; and experience the best of Vietnam along the lush coast, traveling effortlessly from tranquil bays to bustling cities.
- Coastal New Zealand: Auckland to Milford Sound
- Southern Odyssey: New Zealand and the Subantarctic Islands
- Tahiti to Fiji: Reefs, Lagoons and Volcanic Isles
- Exploring Indonesia: Bali, Raja Ampat And Papua New Guinea
- Along the Vietnam Coast: From Ha Long Bay to Ho Chi Minh City
WILD ESCAPES: The Wild Escapes Collection consists of highly active opportunities to explore charismatic regions in a shorter timeframe. Some new ones have been added to the list, offering exceptional options to experience must see geographies, some in just 5 days.
NEW ARCTIC EXPLORATION: Voyage the far reaches of the northernmost coastlines of the planet aboard the newest members of the Lindblad fleet, National Geographic Endurance and National Geographic Resolution. Discover otherworld icescapes while encountering rare wildlife, hardy cultures, and glorious creations of ice and rock at the top of the world.
- Northeast Passage: Norway to Alaska
- Northwest Passage: Greenland to Alaska
- Iceland & Greenland: Edge of the Arctic
- Exploring the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land to the Kara Sea
SOUTH AMERICA: Explore the diverse coasts of South America, with its vast variety of ecosystems, from tropical to riverine to pampas, and all its iconic wildlife. Live the culture and history amid old world boomtowns, colonial capitals, and modern urbanity.
- Wild South America: The Guianas to Brazil
- Panama & Colombia: Exploring the Caribbean Coast
- Wild Coasts of Argentina, South Georgia & the Falklands
EPIC ADVENTURES IN ANTARTICA: The stars of these extraordinary new voyages combine the celebrated wonders of the Antarctica Peninsula with southern Patagonia and the Chilean fjords on one; and the remote West Antarctica, the impressive ice shelf of the Ross Sea region; and the sub-Antarctic islands of New Zealand and Australia on the other. Both feature magnificent ice, prolific wildlife and the other worldly wonders of Antarctica.
- Antarctica & Patagonia: Legendary Ice & Epic Fjords
- Epic Antarctica Voyage: The Peninsula to the Ross Sea & Beyond
JAPAN IN 2021: Explore Japan by sea on a choice of three unique and in-depth itineraries, and experience both the wild and the cultured sides of a highly cultured country, renowned for its reverence for nature—expressed in landscapes, garden design, and in art through the centuries.
- Sailing the East China Sea: Japan, Okinawa & Taiwan
- Coastal Japan: Imperial Dynasties & Modern Culture
- Along the Ring of Fire: Kamchatka, Kuril Islands & Hokkaido
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348) or contact your travel advisor.