With less than one month to go, MSC Cruises has unveiled details of the Naming Ceremony for the launch of the line’s most environmentally advanced ship to-date, MSC Euribia, which will take place on June 8 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Scandinavian capital was chosen as the launch location for the ship due to its rich maritime heritage and dedication to sustainability. MSC Euribia is symbolic of the line’s vision for a sustainable future and a deep respect and commitment to protect and preserve the marine environment.
MSC Euribia’s Naming Ceremony
MSC Euribia is “Built for the Future” – she is the most energy-efficient cruise ship design ever. The vessel is the second ship in MSC Cruise’s fleet to be powered by LNG, the cleanest and most efficient fuel currently available commercially at scale. She will feature additional state-of-the-art environmental technologies, including advanced onboard wastewater treatment systems, waste management handling, energy efficiency measures, and innovative underwater radiated noise management systems to reduce the potential impact on the marine environment.
An Evening To Remember
MSC Cruises will invite guests to the Naming Ceremony of this innovative new ship, bringing together local dignitaries, key travel partners, international media, and various household names, including Hollywood icon and Oscar-winning actress, Sophia Loren. Madame Loren holds a long-standing personal relationship with the line and will carry out her role as Godmother for her 19th MSC Cruises ship.
Master of Ceremony, Sarah Grünewald
Sarah Grünewald, a well-known Danish television host, actress and model will serve as the Master of Ceremony. Guests can expect the time-honored tradition of breaking a bottle of champagne over the bow of the vessel, a beautiful gala dinner, as well as live entertainment and performances, including a special DJ set to top off the night from world-renowned French DJ and record producer, Bob Sinclar.
After the event, MSC Euribia will commence sailings in Northern Europe this summer with 7-night sailings from Kiel, Germany and Copenhagen, Denmark to the captivating Norwegian Fjords including Geiranger, Ålesund, and Flaam.
To find out more about MSC Cruises’ northern Europe itinerary options, please click here.
Get to Know MSC Euribia
This unforgettable occasion will offer guests a first glimpse to discover more about the innovative ship’s exceptional features, amenities and varied onboard experiences.
Some key highlights include:
- NEW! Experience the artwork, Street. 2023, by renowned British artist Julian Opie in l’Atelier du Voyageur bar. The artwork, commissioned specifically for MSC Euribia, is an expansive 11 x 2 m purpose-built LED screen featuring walking figures in Opie’s distinctive style.
- NEW! Located in the aft of the ship, The Carousel Lounge is reinvented with a new layout, offering even more stunning panoramic ocean views, allowing guests to relax during the day or participate in a range of leisure activities. Here, they can also enjoy a variety of live music every evening including the Big Band at Sea.
- A revolutionary kids’ area will feature 7,534 square feet of interior space entirely dedicated to kids and teenagers with seven rooms, each catering to different age groups from 0 – 17 years old. For the first time, it will include the NEW! MSC Foundation Lab – offering a brand-new kids area and program of activities dedicated to educating children and teenagers on environmental subjects.
- NEW! Guest can choose between 10 dining venues, which include five specialty restaurants with the brand-new Le Grill, a stylish French bistro meets steakhouse, as well as Kaito Sushi & Robatayaki, a staple specialty restaurant of MSC Cruises that will feature a Robatayaki for the first time.
- An impressive array of five pools and the ship’s very own coral-themed Ocean Cay AquaPark, one of the largest and most elaborate waterparks at sea, with three water slides for endless fun.
- The 945-seat Delphi Theatre offers world-class live entertainment every evening with a full seven-day program of big-production shows.
- The ship offers 21 bars and lounges with five outdoor and 16 indoor areas to meet the needs and preferences of everyone on board.
- Guests will have the opportunity to explore and connect at Galleria Euribia, featuring the longest LED Dome at sea, with a variety of shops, restaurants and entertainment to discover.
To find out more about MSC Euribia, please click here.