Port Everglades will almost looked like its pre-pandemic self on yesterday, November 6, with six cruise ships sailing with passengers on board.
The cruise ships sailing yesterday included:
- Celebrity Cruises‘ Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Reflection
- Princess Cruises‘ Emerald Princess
- Holland America Line’s Nieuw Amsterdam
- Royal Caribbean’s Odyssey of the Seas
- Viking Cruises’ Viking Star
Port Everglades was the first U.S. port to resume cruise service, on June 26, 2021, with the Celebrity Edge, after the cruise industry was paused due the COVID-19 pandemic.
The cruise industry traditionally accounts for approximately 40 percent of Port Everglades’ revenue.