Now open for business, Norwegian Cruise Line’s Harvest Caye looks to be a distinctly different Caribbean destination experience like no other. Promoted as “the ultimate Belizean experience”, Norwegian Cruise Line worked closely with the government of Belize to be sure the island destination was done right. Care was taken to provide an authentic experience for Norwegian guests. Just being there, Harvest Caye should provide economic opportunities for the local community. Four years in the making, the seven acre facility was built to preserve and protect Belize’s natural beauty too. Compared to other ‘private island’ cruise travel experiences, Harvest Caye might very well break the mold of being simply a ‘day at the beach’ for a number of reasons.
- Resort-style Amenities include a sprawling 15,000 square foot pool that features a soothing waterfall, and is surrounded by elegant lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- Private Luxury Beach Villas, eleven of them, look to be the ultimate beach escape and feature an expansive porch overlooking the sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea. Each villa can accommodate up to 10 guests and come complete with every comfort including air conditioning, dedicated lounge areas, a private restroom, indoor and outdoor showers, hammocks, and exclusive dining and beverage options with dedicated concierge service so guests never have to leave the beach.
- Embracing Nature- a variety of eco-activities and interactive wildlife programs; Guests with an affinity for wildlife will marvel at Harvest Caye’s many opportunities for an up close encounter with this rich eco-destination’s local plants and animals. To learn about the native flora and fauna in this stunning destination, guests can participate in manatee observation tours at the lagoon to learn about the gentle giants; get up close and personal with endangered Scarlet Macaws and Toucans, Belize’s national bird, in the island’s Aviary; wonder at the striking beauty of insects at the Butterfly Garden; and learn more about and view Belize’s indigenous reptiles like the boa constrictor.
- Flighthouse- a 130 foot tall ‘Flighthouse’ serves as the central area for a variety of aerial activities including zip lining, suspension bridges, free fall jumps, a tandem “superman” style zip line and stunning views of the verdant hills of the mainland. To top off the adventure, the Flighthouse will include a challenging but fun ropes course located on a platform in the saltwater lagoon. For a lower adrenaline adventure, guests can also enjoy eco-activities and watersports such as kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing in Harvest Caye’s shallow lagoon area, where wildlife is abundant.
- 3000-foot Zip Line– An exhilarating cross-island zip line.Harvest Caye’s zip line course will have more than 3,000 feet of zip line, allowing guests to soar through the air with a bird’s eye view of the island and the sea, with stops at three different platforms.
- Pool Cabanas For Rent- 15 canopy pool cabanas. The plush pool cabanas, available for rent, feature upscale lounge furniture, privacy drapes and beverage service. A swim-up bar with stools and lounge tables right in the water completes the resort experience.
- Shore Excursions Start Here- With its close proximity to the mainland, Harvest Caye also offers guests easy access to a wide variety of adventure excursions.
- Dining and Bar Options- Harvest Caye also features a variety of for-a-fee dining and bar options. Guests will enjoy five dining and bar outlets that feature a variety of cuisines, including a two-story indoor/outdoor LandShark Bar & Grill. Those who want to indulge in authentic Belizean cuisine can enjoy casual street style dining in the shopping village. Additional dining options include the Laughing Bird Bar & Grill serving the beach, the Manatee Marina Bar & Grill in the marina, the Horse-Eye Jack Bar & Grill servicing the island’s cabanas as well as food and drink delivery throughout the pool area.
- Shopping Village- Harvest Caye’s shopping village is inspired by an outdoor art festival featuring high-quality local retailers offering items like locally made chocolates, spirits, beautiful artwork including the area’s signature wood carvings and more, along with street carts featuring local Belizean favorites including ice cream, grilled skewers and artisan crafts. On hand as guests stroll through the shopping village; performances from local musicians and folk dancers.
- Gateland To Mainland Belize- Sort of like Carnival Corporation’s Amber Cove provides a gateway to the Dominican Republic, Harvest Caye also serves as a gateway to spectacular eco and cultural adventures that await in mainland Belize. The destination’s marina, located near the pier, serves as a convenient departure point for a wide variety of shore excursions that allow guests to explore this rich destination, including spectacular Mayan ruins, river rafting, nature tours and more. When guests arrive on the mainland at the Malacate transportation hub, they are immediately immersed in Belizean culture with local vegetation and flora mimicking that of a traditional Belize plantation.
Guests of Norwegian Cruise Line will have the opportunity to enjoy Harvest Caye on Norwegian Cruise Line’s Western Caribbean itineraries, as well as on select Caribbean sailings on Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Oceania Cruises in Winter 2017 and Fall/Winter 2018. Click here for more information and to see firsthand the incredible experience that awaits guests at Harvest Caye, Belize.
This video gives a good overall view of Harvest Caye Cruise Destination
Cover Photo- Norwegian Cruise Line
This article is brought to by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts.