This week, Viking.TV will continue to provide an enriching schedule of arts and culture content for viewers.
On Wednesday, join Debbie Wiseman OBE and Elise Naccarato for the launch of a virtual choir of voices from the Viking world. Then on Thursday, continue musical exploration as Anne Diamond interviews acclaimed Norway singer, Sissel Kyrkjebø about her celebrated career. Back At Home at Highclere, go behind-the-scenes of the castle’s gin including the estate’s botanicals that create this unique spirit.
The full Viking.TV weekly schedule is below for easy reference. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are planning content.
Each livestream begins each day at 11am PST / 2pm EST. Content is also taped and available to view the following day on Viking.TV.
- Monday, June 15 – Professor Julian Dowdeswell from the Scott Polar Research Institute will return for Museum Monday to speak to the history and science of Antarctica. During the livestream, Professor Dowdeswell will discuss the exploration and how early discoveries and mapping have translated into the scientific investigation of the most isolated region in the world.
- Tuesday, June 16 – Paul Dawson will continue to explore the history of France, focusing on the 19th Century, which was known as the age of Napoleon, and the 20th Century, France’s Modern Age.
- Wednesday, June 17 – This week’s Arts & Music Wednesday, will welcome back Debbie Wiseman OBE, composer in residence at Classic FM and composer of Viking’s signature score, The Traveler. During the session, Debbie will be joined by Elise Naccarato and together, they will launch a virtual choir of voices from the Viking world.
- Thursday, June 18 – Anne Diamond will interview Sissel Kyrkjebø, Norway’s celebrated soprano and Viking Jupiter’s ceremonial godmother. During their conversation, Anne will explore Sissel’s extensive international career, including film and variety of genres.
- Friday, June 19 – At Home at Highclere, Lady Carnarvon goes behind-the-scenes of Highclere Castle’s gin. In addition to discussing the journey of launching the castle’s gin, Lady Carnarvon will visit the garden to share where the spirit gets its distinct orange and lemon botanicals.
- Saturday, June 20 – Mind and Body with Mona Therese
- Sunday, June 21 – Explore More with Karine, focusing on music including Fado from Portugal.