This week, Viking.TV is pleased to bring viewers sessions featuring literature and poetry.
Available in the Viking.TV archives, yesterday’s Museum Mondays session with Professor Richard Parkinson, a British Egyptologist and Professor of Egyptology at Oxford, shared more about ancient Egyptian poetry. Today, Alastair Miller In Conversations With Tuesdays is transporting you to Japan with Professor Adam L. Kern, editor of the Penguin Book of Haiku. On Thursday (June 3), Anne Diamond will interview writer and explorer, Levison Wood.
In May, Viking was pleased to announce the return of select river itineraries on the European waterways this summer. For Wanderlust Wednesdays (June 2), learn more about one of Viking’s most popular itineraries, Grand European Tour, exploring ports of call from Amsterdam to Budapest.
Viking.TV Schedule Starting May 31:
Each session begins each day at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT. Content is also taped and available to view the following day on Viking.TV.
- Monday, May 31 – Museum Mondays – Learn about ancient Egyptian poetry with Professor Richard Parkinson, a British Egyptologist and Professor of Egyptology at Oxford.
- Tuesday, June 1 – Alastair Miller In Conversations With Tuesdays – Join Alastair for a conversation with Professor Adam L. Kern, editor of the Penguin Book of Haiku. Professor Kern has spent time living in Japan and has a PhD in East Asian Languages and Civilizations at Harvard University.
- Wednesday, June 2 – Wanderlust Wednesdays – Learn more about Viking’s popular river itinerary, Grand European Tour, a 15-day voyage that explores the destinations along the Rhine, Main and Danube River. The session will be followed by a live Q&A.
- Thursday, June 3 – Guest Speaker Thursdays – Anne Diamond will interview writer and explorer, Levison Wood. The author of a number of books, Levison wrote about his adventures in Walking the Nile, Walking the Americas and Walking the Himalayas. During their conversation, they will discuss his latest book, The Art of Exploration.
- Friday, June 4 – Fridays At Home …with illustrator Suzy-Jane Tanner – Part of the Viking family, Suzy-Jane is the illustrator of the Finse Explores the World series of children’s books. Suzy-Jane will be telling us about her career as an artist and will give us a look at her home studio in London.
- Saturday, June 5 – Mind and body with Mona Therese
- Sunday, June 6 – Sissel Sundays – This week’s songs be around the theme, Peace in Religion.