This week, Viking.TV will continue to provide an enriching schedule of arts and culture content for viewers. Join Anne Diamond for a discussion with TV chef, Ainsley Harriot MBE (March 25) about his new show and book, Ainsley’s Mediterranean Cookbook. Viking.TV viewers can also take a virtual tour of Barcelona (March 26), learn about Greek mythology (March 23), how you can experience the destinations on a future Viking sailing (March 24) and more.
The full Viking.TV weekly schedule is below for easy reference. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are planning content.
Viking.TV Schedule Starting March 22:
Each session begins each day at 11am PST / 2pm EST. Content is also taped and available to view the following day on Viking.TV.
- Monday, March 22 – Viewers will enjoy an excerpt from Opera Holland Park’s production Un Ballo In Maschera which sets a love triangle against the background of an assassination plot.
- Tuesday, March 23 – Resident Historian Tuesdays – Guest lecturer, Russell Lee presents his lecture on Greek Mythology, titled “Gods, Heroes and Monsters – Thrilling Tales from Greek Mythology.”
- Wednesday, March 24 – Wanderlust Wednesdays – Learn more about Viking’s Journey to Antiquities itinerary and join Viking team for a Q&A after the session.
- Thursday, March 25 – Guest Speaker Thursdays – Join Anne Diamond for her discussion with friend and TV chef, Ainsley Harriot MBE. Ainsley will speak to his new cook book out March 26 and series, Ainsley’s Mediterranean Cookbook in which he embarks on a journey spanning the corners of the Mediterranean.
- Friday, March 26 – Fridays At Home in…Barcelona – Take a virtual tour of Barcelona with guide Helen Waters Silva. Along the journey, viewers will visit some of the most important sights around the city including El Born, Barrio Gotico and Eixample.
- Saturday, March 27 – Mind and body with Mona Therese
- Sunday, March 28 – Sissel Sundays – This week, Sissel will perform “Have I Told You Lately,” “Always On My Mind,” and “Till The End of Time.”
Viking.TV Viewer Feedback
Many travelers continue to write Viking with comments of appreciation for this new opportunity to explore the world in comfort…from home. Examples of viewer feedback include:
- “We can’t thank you enough for the wonderful 24 weeks of programs-one more interesting than the last!…We have loved every day of programs and have learned so much while whetting our appetites to once again begin cruising with Viking.” – Bob and Maryann O.
- “As a lifelong learner, I look forward to being able to access and view more from your library of weekly programs.” – Henriette and Klaus
- “Since I cannot be with you on board one of your fabulous ships, the next best thing is attending an enrichment…I only wish that I was sitting in the Star Theater or having success cake and tea or a glass of Prosecco in the Explorer’s Lounge.” – Brenda G.
- “I have learned and seen so many new things. My world during this lockdown has been opened.” – Valerie
- “I just wanted to say thank you again for offering your weekly yoga sessions through Viking tv. I have been following them since day 1 and enjoy the gentle spirit and guidance that Mona provides. I have done yoga before but I feel that this series is perfect for the challenging times we are experiencing because they are instructive, relaxing and geared to different levels and abilities. Please pass on my heartfelt thanks and Namaste!” – Jennifer A.
- “This has been such an enjoyable way to ‘travel’ and educate ourselves during the pandemic crisis – – – truly one of the “silver linings” in the clouds of our difficult and uncertain days…This is armchair traveling at its finest!” – Patti F.