A I voted off tonight-caution spoiler

C

conniecat

And your new idol is---------------------David Cook

Unexpected? Simon even apologized to him for last night's comments. Said he was disrespectful.

And, after all that hoopla about the surprise guest, speculation about Bono, Madonna, and look who it was. Major letdown. George Michael???????? Is he still alive? Didn't sound like it.

Can't wait for next year.

E

elliottsmama

Sorry you did not enjoy it. I thought it was fantastic and very happy indeed to see my pick win.

C

conniecat

Oh, I enjoyed the show, especially the Gladys Knight skit. I didn't recognize Robert Downey Jr! That was hysterical. So was Mike Meyers, trying to shave David C. and I loved ZZ Top.

I wasn't disappointed in the winner, just surprised. I thought the other David had the edge after last night.

R

RosieRosie

I loved the whole show! Of course, my first choice won! They were both great and I agreed with Simon - I would be happy with either of them as a winner. I do think Cook has more maturity and stage presence and is ready to take the title. I especially liked all the singing acts. Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. singing back up for Gladys Knight was very funny. This was a good year for American Idol.

C

Cricket

Cook has more personality but I still think archie has a better voice. George Michael not only looked awful, he sounded even worse! I was glad to see the 12 runner -ups but I really didn't enjoy the show's song selections. It's funny how we forget the earlier runner-ups until we see them again. The place was jammed -packed and the judges really looked good all in red.

K

korinalacount

I agree Cook did not have the better voice last night,but he is more marketable,comes without Jeff as his father,not underage,and more stage prescense,think Archuleta will suffer like Clay,not many people like ballads,I actually changed my vote last night to Archuletta because he far outsang Cook but not unhappy with the outcome,and Cook was very gracious and looked like he wanted to win tonight!

D

Donna - dsw

Great show. I think they will both do fine.

Hey they both already got new cars and advertising deals! lol

H

Happy2cu

First time that I haven't voted - I couldn't decide which one to pick - they were both great. This was one of the best competitions they've had - lots of talent.

L

lyndabaker

Yay, the best person won! David A. has a great voice, but the title should and did go to the one with the total package--David Cook. I thoroughly enjoyed the show except for maybe a few minutes of it.

O

Olga

Well, you may remember I wanted David A. to win and voted many times for him. I am not at all upset that David C won because he has far more showmanship, which sells concerts. David A. is cute to watch, but I don't know if I'd buy his CD and listen to him for 30 minutes. Still I just loved Archie.

Now we have to wait till January to start over. I think I'm going to start watching tonight's So You think You Can Dance?, but will miss the first night's show.

C

conniecat

Olga, I had to miss it, too. But 24 to 48 hours after is airs, you can go to Fox on Demand and watch it there for free. I watch a lot of shows like that. There are a few commercials, but they only last 15 seconds usually. I also watch a lot of old favorites on Hulu or Aolin2tv, both free. They have lots of the favorites listed in TV post..

A

audrey

check your tv guide they are repeating do you think you can dance on Mon NIGHT before they show anoather new show on Wed. I have recordd it but have not watched it yet.