Amsterdam 14 day Alaskan Explorer Cruise, 29 June 2012 (formerly July 13, 2012)

Lurline63

Staff Captain
We're getting started on the packing, as well -- or, at least, thinking about what we're bringing. We're going with layers for the daytime, including a windbreaker. I'm going to wear the same dress for both formal nights on our cruise (ssshhh....) and switch out the wraps. PizzaBoy needs new dress pants as he's sprouted so much the past few months.

Jacquie, we've sent our laundry out on HAL before and were thrilled with the results. I don't remember if we did the all-you-can-fit bag for a flat rate or by the piece. I do remember telling DH to not get used to having his jeans pressed as that wouldn't be happening at home. :)

audrey

Staff Captain
I know what you mean about packing I put everything in closet and pack the day before I leave. I am taking a few long and short sleeve tops and I am taking my coat just in case.
I am going to put it on the top of my carry on.It is a rain coat also I got it for my first cruise to alaska and wore it all the time. On my second trip did not wear it at all it was so warm

audrey

Staff Captain
good morning ducks and ducks in training
Well two weeks from today we will be boarding the ship for our adventure to Alaska

Charles

Captain Weather
YEA!!!!!! for two weeks to go!

c

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Okay folks, it's time to start QUACKING, so I want to hear a big loud QUACK from everyone. Someone please tell me in easy to understand terms how to change the font size and color of QUACK so I can make it larger. boB, where are you??????

Charles

Captain Weather
Like this: QUACK!! ?

First, type "QUACK", and press the space bar once. Then highlight the word "QUACK. Just above the box you write in, it looks like it is part of the frame of the box you write in, there is a box that says "size.", or it has a number in it. Click on the little arrow in the right, and you get a menu with the numbers 1 to 5. (Each is larger than the one before it.) Then for the color, next to that font size box is a large letter 'A'. Click on the tiny arrow to the right of the "A", and that shows all the colors available. click on the color that you want.

Last edited:

Judi

Environmental Compliance Officer
Okay, Ducks & DITs, someone asked me to re-post where the Sailaway Party is. It's going to be in the Crow's Nest from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

audrey

Staff Captain
thank you I am the one that asked. Two weeks from tonight will be our first night on the cruise QUACK QUACK

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Audrey, you forgot to QUACK! Charles, my computer must not be up to date because I can't find anything with size or numbers Guess you'll have to teach me to QUACK in color on the cruise!

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!! hint from Sister Judi

Charles

Captain Weather
Jacquie, I'll be glad to

c

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Not QUAKE, Charles tried that last year and we had to work on him. Here, try again!

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

Last edited:

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Hey Duckies, I just wanted to let everyone know not to be surprised if you see me on a scooter part of the time on our cruise. I have to get my left knee carved on July 18, and my right ankle seems to be in a constant state of sprain because I'm protecting my knee. The doc informed me that I was NOT to do anything to make the knee worse, or he would have to do a total knee replacement instead of just an arthroscopy. Since I DON'T want that, if I would normally have to do lots of walking, it will be on the scooter. Oh, well, it could be lots worse!

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

audrey

Staff Captain
good idea about the scooter and I will be there for you if you need any help. Well another day down and we are getting closer. QUACK QUACK QUACK
i wish I could do them in yellow but I don't know how.

JacquieP

Staff Captain
This is what Judi told me to do. I do a copy and paste. QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!

Well, darn, this didn't show the code. I'll go to plan B later.

Last edited:

popcorn

Staff Captain
We will be quite a sight with all the scooters & wheelchairs! But better to be safe than crippled up & in pain & on drugs.

Liz