Are crew tips already factored into cruise price?

halcruisers2

Deck Crew
Doing first HAL cruise in many years. I probably missed this in the booking process, but can anyone tell me if the crew tips are already built into the cruise price? Also, are tips built into the drink plans? (We'll be in a signature suite and will have the signature bev package). Thanks.

seamom

Staff Captain
Check your booking details regarding tips as sometimes they are prepaid in early bookings as an added bonus, sometimes not, especially when booking less than a few months prior. If it doesn’t mentione tips, no, they are not. We pay in advance when checking in online.
Tips are included with a drink package, otherwise 18% is added (plus taxes, or at least on the package). If you choose a drink more costly than the drink allowance, you will only be charged the difference plus the tip required for that surplus.

halcruisers2

Deck Crew
Thanks, seamom. I'm not seeing those specifics in the documents we have, but will keep looking. Some of the Google searching I've done seems to say that tips are built into the cruise price and drink package pricing. I don't take all answers received through Google as fact though!

seamom

Staff Captain
Pretty sure it would state quite clearly that ‘crew appreciation’ was included in a list with any specialty dining nights, signature beverage package, and wifi that you may have received in a ‘Have it all’ or ‘time of your life’ packages. If you check in online, you should see inclusions, too.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
If it is not specifically included in your Booking you will be charged a daily rate on your account automatically. In theory you may have the amount removed and pay the tips in cash. If you do plan on paying tips I don;t know why you would not just live the automatic tipping active. Its much more convenient than packing cash around ln the last few days. But if you run into problems with some staff and a re not happy you need to report the issue. In theory you could not tip at all and although it is not supposedly mentioned to staff I'm almost sure somehow that info get back to all your staff specifically your room guys. Who I have neve rhad an issue with and sometimes do tipp a few bucks cash here and there for extra items that occur as we age. OIts pretty well a captive form of getting more money to under paid staff but its usually earned in my experience. When booking a cruise always try to get at least some OBC (on board credit) built in if tips are no included. OR change travel agents. ??