Early October Alaska Cruise

Wendykath

Do we cruise end of September and early October to Alaska? I have read so many comments and just not sure whether to risk it. I do get seasick and have read it can get quite rough and wet. Would love feedback. thank you

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well its a possibility you may find yourself rocking on any cruise. Oct maybe a bit more of a possibility. If your leaving from Vancouver its less of a possibility than Seattle which has way more "Outside travel" but ship happens anytime of the year anywhere. Been on several "late" cruises out of both places and have never had rough water on them But I have experienced one or two early or mid season patches of rough water where it affected others. Nothing that bothered me personally. Oddly enough its those odd shapped water of the atlantic and the caribbean that get my head buzzing a bit. I think the ships wobble over there compared to bucking in the Pacific. :)

Woody14

Bar Steward
For me late September early October it is more the weather than rough seas (but I would sail out of Vancouver). Odds are pretty good you will get lots of fog and probably some snow. And it will be cold

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
For me late September early October it is more the weather than rough seas (but I would sail out of Vancouver). Odds are pretty good you will get lots of fog and probably some snow. And it will be cold
Definitely less fog in the early season but lots of wildlife not moving yet. Snow still around.