Friday Oct 31st Ramble

Geekette

3rd Officer
good morning cruise addicts,

Thought I would stop by early since I have several meeting this morning.

TGIF! and Happy Holloween

It will be cooler this evening for the trick or treaters. We don't get many typically. We are prepared since some younger families have moved into the subdivision. I have had visitors that thought it was a 55+ community.

Not much else going on here.

Best wishes to all with health issues.

Have a good day,
Pat

tango55

1st Officer - Navigation
Good morning all. Will be getting dressed shortly - our little group at work are dressing up like the minions in Despicable Me - hope we look OK! Have to be comfortable and not too scary as we work at the reception counter at work.

It will most likely be a wet Halloween here - don't know how many kids we will get as we didn't live here last year.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Terry

JANPEP

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Good Morning Geekette & @ddict friends
Man its cold out there this morning. 28 now with a with a windchill of 17. Glad I don't have to go out today.
It sure will be cold for the little trick or treaters this evening.
I don't pass out candy anymore. I go up to my room before they start coming around.
Nothing else going on around here.
Just waiting for my little one to get here for breakfast.
Take care

Donna - dsw

Staff Captain
Good Morning Gang!

WE HAVE TWINS - GIRL AND BOY!!!!

Girl - Maeve 4.13 lbs and Boy - Silas 6.15 lbs. Silas is having a few respiratory problems, but they say he will be fine. They just can't get a good photo of him yet. I am so happy they are all safe and sound.

It is cold here today. I have on nice warm new sweet pants and plan on doing nothing today. I made Cream of Potato soup yesterday and Jim said we are having leftover today! Sounds good to me.

Jim has been raking leaves for 3 days. There are tons of them here.

Well, off I got to surf the next. Hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

KathyC

Staff Captain
Good morning gang. A very cold Halloween here. Wind chill in the 20s this morning; at least it isn't raining.

It is quite hectic around here with the kids being just a wee bit hyper! The boys get out of school before lunch today so we are having a pizza party. Usually I get them in their costumes & we march down the block but it is just too cold & windy; they say at times the winds will be 35mph.

Our neighborhood has changed so much and we don't have many kids so I don't pass out candy. As soon as the daycare kids are gone I will pull the shades and turn down the lights. Mike will be gone tonight so I can kick back and relax, just me and the dog.

Have to get a move on before they destroy the house with all their excitement. Have a Happy Halloween and enjoy your weekend.

Gramma Ann

Environmental Compliance Officer
Congratulations Nana!! Hope to see pictures soon. You and Maw can compare notes.

Well it did start out much colder this morning (it is Halloween after all)at 40+. It is up to 58, and will get to 68-70 maybe. There is a brisk north wind and that will usually keep the temps much much lower. I'm glad my house faces the south, that way the kids are sheltered here from the wind. We don't usually get a lot (15-20 maybe.)

I feel almost back to normal this morning. I'm so glad!!! I may call my cleaning lady to see if she can do a second cleaning for me. I usually have her here one a month, but just think it might be wise to get a little help from her.

OK, I'm off, you all have a goulishly good Halloween!! :diablo:

popcorn

Staff Captain
Good morning. Happy Halloween. It is the one holiday that I never liked. You teach your kids 364 days of the year to not accept candy from strangers & then you give them a bag & let them go for it! And it is usually wet so it is dangerous walking & kids are so excited that they dash into the streets. Our town has banned fireworks but some still manage to get some. The town sometimes has a community display.

My dentist had a cancellation so that is where I will spend 2 hours this afternoon! Oh joy!

I expect the hair salon to be all decked out today! My girl is someone who gets really into it. Any excuse to dress up. Our complex closes the gates tonight at 5 so*we don't get trickers in here unless they scale the fence which does happen.

TGIF
Liz

popcorn

Staff Captain
Donna congratulations on 'double trouble'. Alf's cousin's wife said that it was good as they would entertain each other & she was balanced when she would carry them - one in each arm.

Liz

maw

Wordsmith
TRICK-OR-TREAT. Have spent morning typing the story of my 6th great grandmother Lydia Gilbert who was hung as a witch in January 1655 in Windsor Ct. How is that for Halloween. Wish I could copy and paste from facebook. There are pictures of a couple of pink poodles. Melissa found costumes at two different yard sales. Donna not just twins but a boy and a girl. congratulations. Our lunch today is pumpkin pie (well it is a vegetable) so good even if it came from Walmart. Don't expect trick or theaters but will move to back ohose at dark. Good health wishes. Have a good weekend.:diablo:

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Maw's Pink Poodles
10687137_982999928384001_9089700543899799259_n.jpg

Donna, congrats on the twins! I wish them well and that they get strong quickly.

Sorry I have not been posting but things are a big mess here between the grandson and worrying about Bill's health. Not sure when I will be back but nothing I want to share right now.

KathyC

Staff Captain
Nieciez, thanks for posting Maw's picture of the twins. Hope things calm down for you and your family.

Maw, your twins are so adorable!

Donna, congrats on the twins. I think it is great that they got a boy & a girl. The first year will be rough with 2 babies & sleep deprivation; good luck to mom & dad that they have good babies that soon learn to sleep thru the night!

Nap time & it is finally quiet here for a little while. They've been a wild bunch today. Looking forward to a quiet evening.

tango55

1st Officer - Navigation
Denise sorry you're having troubles - hope they all resolve soon!

Thanks for posting a pic of the twins they're adorable!

Terry

connie seabee

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
I must have forgotten to hit post.. I did write one. lol

Donna, congratulations! Twins grandson and granddaughter.. How great is that? I'm eager to see photos.

Maw, those great twin grandgirls look adorable in their poodle costume. My how they have grown.

Nieciez, thinking of you and the family.

DD Gina is coming buy to pass out candy to the trick or treaters. She misses it living in an apartment now. I hate to burst her balloon, but we don't get many anymore. Kids have all grwon up. We do have a few new kids that moved in the neighborhood.

Everyone have a spooktacular night.

audrey

Staff Captain
Good afternoon
Well it has been a busy day started with the foot doctor then on to shopping at outlet center I got two tops an a pair of pants at chico's then on to lunch and then to Wally World.
Denise hugs to you I will keep thinking good thoughts. Maw the twins are so very darling
Everyone have a good day

popcorn

Staff Captain
Denise thanks for posting the picture of Maw's twins.

Sure hope that things calm done for you with your 2 guys.

Liz