FRIDAY RAMBLE

Donna - dsw

Staff Captain
Good Morning Gang!

Well, the Cleveland Browns won last night - not sure we played that good or if Cincy played that bad! lol We went to a local pub and watched the game with friends. Had a good time and has been a long time since we did that.

I am up drinking my cuppa waiting for my girlfriend Kristi to call. We are meeting for breakfast and shopping. She is the only person I know I can go shopping with all day and not buy a thing! lol

Well, Jim camped out at the Nursing home yesterday and raised cane! So, today he has a meeting with everyone and their brother to get mil in next week. He went all the way to the top. Good thing he had all the calls in his cell phone to show and of list of every time and every one he called. They were amazed and assured him they would take action today - - I will wait and see!

Either way I am going to Indy next Tuesday to help with the twins til Saturday. Then 11/17 I am on a plane to FL and 12/5 I am on a plane to New Orleans getting ready for the Dream Cruise. So excited to see all my Addict Friends!

Seems like fall is gone and winter is here. We are about as ready as we can get. I helped Jim stack the last of the firewood Wednesday. It is cool, rainy and they say snow flurries could happen anytime.

Well, off I go. Hugs and prayers to all in need. Hope you all have a great day and the start to a wonderful weekend! Enjoy and be safe!

Geekette

3rd Officer
Good morning cruise addicts,
Happy TGIF! It's a bright sunny morning here, a little cooler today. Our high is expected to be in the mid 70s.

Not much going on here, our homeowners association had all the driveways and sidewalks pressure washed. They all look nice and clean now, summer is our rainy season so they can build up some dirt.

The roof project next door continues. It looks nice and I'm sure my neighbor will be glad when it is finished.

I have a couple of back to back conference calls coming up so, I better get back to work.

Have a good day and a great weekend.

Pat

JANPEP

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Good Morning Donna & @ddict friends
Its a cold 32 out there this morning with clouds. They say rain later. They say a high of 50 but don't believe that.
Donna its so nice you get to go see the twins & help out as needed. You are sure busy now through Dec.
Just got my little one out the door to the bus.
No plans for the day yet.
Take care

KathyC

Staff Captain
Good morning gang. Cold this morning with temps in the low 20s but you would never know it with mom once again bringing the almost 2yr old in with no coat. I said girl where is your coat? Of course mom said, she wouldn't let me put it on her. I hold my tongue but I find it mind boggling she can't control this child enough to put a coat on her!

Donna, sure hope the nursing home does follow thru as promised. Fantastic the way you had the record of all your contacts with them; keep it up.

We're off to Mike's annual retiree dinner tonight. Nothing too exciting about it but it is a free meal!

Beryl, you mentioned my nails. Yes, my hands are showing their age but still don't look all that bad and getting them done is one of the few things I do that's just for me; something where someone else is taking care of me. It gives me a little "pick me up" to have my nails look nice. My gel nails last about 3 wks so I don't feel it is over the top with what I spend on it. And once every few months I splurge & get a pedicure which I really love but don't do often because of the extra expense.

No plans for the weekend which is fine as I really enjoy the quiet time.

Not much else from here. Have a nice weekend.

connie seabee

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Good Morning Donna and Gang

It's a brisk overcast morning. I don't mind the cooler temps just so long as it isn't that awful frigid weather. As for snow, I don't mind just so long as it isn't in excess. It's the ice that I don't like.

I have a dentist appt this morning for a cleaning. My sister, and DD Gina, will be working today. My niece Deann will be doing the cleaning. The dentist Ed is like my nephew, He and his kids call me Aunt Connie. I've known him and the family for a great many years.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away. Only 4 weeks until the Cruise Addicts Dream Cruise. It will be so nice seeing and meeting everyone. I feel like there is so much to be done before we leave... therefore the time is going to fly by way to fast.

Last edited:

popcorn

Staff Captain
Good morning. Shaping up to be a half decent day. And again the temperature didn't go down much overnight. Sure saving on the heat bill.

I*still have an annoying tickle in the same spot in my throat.

Donna you have some nice plans for the rest of the year. Enjoy & stay safe.

TGIF
Liz

connie seabee

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Donna, I hope Jim gets the NH situation resolved today. Poor guy doesn't need all this stress. I honestly think mil will be happier in the home with people her own age to talk to.

Jan, Enjoy the day.

Maw, So glad that you enjoyed yesterdays excursion to Bolivar and seeing the twins. It good to get out and about.

Joann, good seeing you post yesterday. I see that you're still as busy as ever.

Beryl, I only get a pedicure right before vacation. I like to have color on my toe nails. I have only had a manicure a couple times. No color just clear finish. Only because I feel like they will just get all chipped with my working around the house as much as I do. I too have arthritis in my hands.

Liz, I hope you feel better tomorrow.

kathy, enjoy Mikes retirerment dinner tonight.

Pat, I bet you and your neighbor will be glad when the roofing is complete.

Jacquie P, Enjoy your weekend and stay healthy.

Nieciez, Thinking of you and Leatherneck and sending well wishes your way.

maw

Wordsmith
Good morning all cool but sun is shining bright. Paw plans to work on leaves this afternoon. Thinking about planning holiday celebrations. Time seems to be flying and have no gift ideas. For some reason paw doesn't like to give gift card or money. Jamie suggested we need another girls day out soon. I am ready. No weekend plans. I miss manicures and pedicure. Visiting nurse does nails and I try to keep polish on them This week fingers are apearlized white. Like the wild look not ready for black. Kinda why I like my heavy blonde streaks in hair. Makes me feel younger. Have a good weekend all.HUGS

audrey

Staff Captain
Good morning everyone
Getting ready to go to my women club brunch no other plans for today.
Club house is having parking lot sale again tomorrow will go over to see if I can find any
Ant good stuff. And have a show on sun girlfriend and her husband were to go with me but is not feeling good so we shall see.
We it is a month till my cruise I am so looking meeting ans seeing e eryone agAin
Today is my anniversary we are married 47 years Dh is at his trip to lake havasu
But I will make him to take me out for dinner next week end before our show
Well e eryone have a great day