Good Thursday Morning Afters

B

BostonsJ

Is it Friday yet? I think the short weeks are the longest! I feel like I woke up in San Francisco. The fog is is low and thick this morning. Weird weather for us. The sun is trying to burn through but visability is down to about 1/8 mile.

I am caught up at work with paper. So today I will start working on cleaning another room. We had two calls this week but those are handled and I have my end of month all done. So unless we suddenly have the phone ringing off the wall I can get a few things done.

The weekend is supposed to be beautiful , I just can't wait to get out and get moving out there. I have lots of projects planned! The deck base stain will be the biggest project and take the longest. But it will be completely finished once I get that stain down. And since it may take two coats I will have to try to do it Saturday and then again Sunday if needed. And Killian needs a bath and clip.

How is the walking going ladies? I came home last night and thunder storms broke out . So I didn't get that night time walk in. I just hope tonight cooperates. Yesterday at work by 2pm I was hungry. So I guess I have cut back sufficiently that I am doing somthing right. I no longer bring any junk to eat at work. And no Coke. It was much easier to pound the weight on than to take it off that is for sure!

Well that is about it here @fters. I guess it is time to start my day. Everyone make it a good one!

D

Donna - dsw

Good Morning Judy and afters to follow!

I was up early this am - feel like I have already put a day in! lol

It is supposed to be beautiful here today and tomorrow - so walking at lunch for me. I also hit WalMart for Slim Fast yesterday. They had it on sale - I drink one for lunch and I am good for the day. Just need to get back to working out at night - it isn't easy. Also, for those that do drink I have found MGD 64 - only 64 calories and 1 gram of fat. So, that makes it easy to have a drink on the weekends!

Sure felt good to get my manicure and pedicure last night - haven't been since my last cruise! lol Just wish I didn't bang my nails up so much at work - - Oh well, that is the life of a working woman! lol

Got a great beach area for us today - - I see a hut on the other side and I know there is a small beach bar there for food and drinks - - so come on ladies - - how about we work out on the beach today! Okay guys you can join us too! lol

Hope you all have a great day!

PICT3462.JPG

C

Cruise cutie

Whoo HOO a beach I am in.. I am presently on my second cuppa of coffee.. as for me..

=whiteflag.. I RUN from any more walking a day.. sigh.. I clock in between 8 and 14 miles a day now at work.so my idea of relax is sit STILL!!..:grin..
.I just cut down on carbs.. and it is coming down.. just diet pop, and snacks of veggies, diet yogurt ,and it's there.. I don't mind a bit gnoshing on vacations, so that's my down fall..

Made Judy giggle;when I told her this..it's like :evil WHY????. ..Mark sent a photo from EIGHT years ago to his graduation commitee for this July' 40th High School class reunion.. they only had a 10th.. and he was single, and went solo.and NOW this reunion.. that's it in 40 years.. TWO Reunions... so this time he's married..and he's 10 years older than me.. and so when they asked for spouses photos., I was like whatever it's YOUR class.. you pick!!..I'm not from Golden ..you are..I'm from "back East ..an inported wife"..... I'll just have a tag saying Joanne....wife of Mark L...at the shindigs......and they were specifically REQUESTED Pulease send a photo... and he did.well he never SHOWED it to me UNTIL after it went!! .. did he send one from last year on the ship..OH NO..HE "liked the one from our belated honeymoon cruise, 2 1/2 years after we got married..."....

Do you know what 8 years, does to a woman in her mid to then late 40's?????:grin..thought I would have to stand on a chair to maim him.. *SIGH*.. so off the weight is coming.. 8 years ago I had no grey, was more slender ,and was not in this branch of nursing..:dizzy..

oh well pride is a terrible sin, as my late Grama used to say.. and I got double dipped.. good luck ladies I am in your boat so to speak.

it's a 3-11PM for tonight, and tomorrow night.. then the weekend off.... =hugs Joanne

B

bostongal

Late morning hello everyone. Spent some time out on the deck but it's a rough day so I am hitting the shower and back to bed. It's a beautiful day here today.

Since I haven't been posting much lately I thought I would share some of what's been going on so you can chuckle. Earlier in May I went to a new eye doctor and had my eyes checked. During the exam the doctor kept commenting on how I had a correction for astigmatism and boy was it strong. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I got done and she tells me that I need bifocals because I am over 40 and I am thinking this is weird because I don't have any problem seeing things close up - it's distance that I cannot see and I have pretty bad astigmatisms in both eyes. So after a discussion I tell them to make my glasses for distance only. A week later my glasses come in, I go in to get them, put them on and cannot see - nothing, nada, zip - it's all blurred out. The receptionist says to me - "oh it's because your getting older and your eyes need time to adjust. Wear them for a couple of days and don't put your old glasses on". So I wear them religiously for over a week and still cannot see anything at all, feel sea sick and have migraines all the time. I go back in and I tell her that I still can't see. She has the tech check the lenses and I ask them to check my old glasses and tell me what's different. The tech says "well the correction for your astigmatism in your right eye is not in your new prescription and your eye sight got better" - Excuse me? It got better but I can't see?? And the woman tells me again to wear them for a few more days =devil I came home, put on my old glasses, called my insurance company and got an appointment for a new eye exam with a different doctor......unfortunately i have to do this tomorrow on my birthday and then i have to take the glasses and the new prescription back to the other place to get them fixed....

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :wave

Meg

K

korinalacount

Meg,that sounds very loony,you need a new eye doctor,your vision is better but you cant see,huh!

Sure was hoping to hear you feel better,I think about you a lot,heres some extra hugs from me to you,and Happy Birthday girl,sorry you have to go to the eye doctor for a celebration,but I guess seeing is great as a present! Hugs!

K

Krazy Kruizers

Donna - what a great beach picture.

Had a lot of shopping to do today - just got back a short while ago.