Have you ever been sea sick on a cruise??

George C

Staff Captain
In my 57 cruises , I was sea sick once on the very old Staterdam in 1980 going from NYC to Bermuda , we ran into a nasty storm and most of the passengers were sick, ship was just a 20,000 ton ship

Gramma Ann

Environmental Compliance Officer
Nope. Not on cruise ships, or charter fishing boats, or any of our pleasure boats. Now - Mom - oh boy, I think she would get sick on the dock in a lounge chair!!

connie seabee

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Twice..both times our cabin was way up front. I have never got sea sick being in any other cabin in all our years of cruising. Maybe it was due to rough water? I'm not about to find out.

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Have, so far, never been seasick onboard a cruise ship or a ferry.
I hope it will never happen. Usually I bring some pills or wristbands but have never had to use them.

/Erik

Flyingfish

Staff Captain
Crossing the Drake Passage to Antarctica... oh boy, rough route in nice weather. We hit a gale, I was on a 20,000 ton ship (The Discovery), formally The Island Princess from "Love Boat." I wanted to die, that's how sick I was. In 23 cruises, that was the one and only time thank goodness!

Lurline63

Staff Captain
Yes, on the 20,000 ton Norwegian Majesty in October 1994 after leaving Bermuda. The ride out was smooth as glass, yet we met up with a storm on the way back. And, it was my own doing as I stood in the front of the forward observation lounge during our ride.

And, it didn't stop me from cruising her several more times, and it was the only one with the mal de mer.

Donna - dsw

Staff Captain
Never. But in Hawaii a couple weeks ago, we took a Sunset Dinner cruise on a 65 foot beautiful cruiser and I was sick the whole trip. Could not eat or drink! Just plain crazy.

KathyC

Staff Captain
Neither of us has ever been sea sick even tho we've had a couple of trips that involved rough seas. One trip it was so rough everyone had to hold onto handrails to walk. Don't know how the crew was able to serve people; I would have been spilling all kinds of stuff on people!

We do usually get a cabin mid ship and beginning the day we set sail, we take a pill daily no matter what and have never had any issues.

gottagoacruzn

Environmental Compliance Officer
Yes, it was on my first cruise, when I went to dinner that night tried to eat and couldn't, the waiter asked me if I'd like anything else, but I said no, I'm sick, the waiter later brought me a pill and when I got back to the cabin, popped it and the next day was fine, been cruising since without any problems.

Virginia

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Almost, on our first cruise to Alaska, but Bonine works really well. On one trip to Hawaii we had 25 foot waves and I never had a problem. When we went to lunch, I looked outside and saw a fish looking at me. The folks on deck 8 couldn't even go out on their balconies.