Hucc - further news

S

ShipMaven

I am saddened to inform you that Hucc's prognosis is about 3 months at most. :( I had a rather lengthy conversation with Koolaid this afternoon.

In the past several months, Hucc has suffered several Grand Mal Seizures. Mobility/movement on his left side has been affected. He was improving somewhat when he suffered more seizures now and was placed in ICU. His ability to swallow is impaired. They may need to insert a feeding tube. As the tumor grows, it will press against his brain stem and affect his breathing. At that point, they do not want heroic measures.

He had been on an experimental treatment program that seemed to be working well, and then there was a turnaround. Hucc's doctors offered to put him in a different experimental treatment program, but he declined and requested conventional treament...and it has been downhill from there.

Koolaid and family have sought out a care facility near their home to which to transfer Hucc from the current hospital. Koolaid's Mother and Sister are flying in from Georgia to be with them and help out for the next few months.

Koolaid is very appreciative of your prayers, and asks that you please do what you can to support young Oliver with your thoughts and comfort. Oliver is aware that his Daddy has a terminal illness. Those of you who know their address are welcome to write to Oliver. Those of you who do not know their address, feel free to PM me for my address - you can send mail to me and I'll forward it to Koolaid. Oliver calls Hucc "Daddy", and Koolaid, "Dad".

I'll keep you updated as I hear anything new. In the meantime, please continue to keep them in your prayers. Thank you.

Mary Ann

C

conniecat

OH, so not good news. Wishing them whatever comfort they can find. So sorry.............

M

mrsrocster

So sad, thinking of Hucc and family and sending warm thoughts........make the most of the time you have, we all should do this.

Michelle

P

popcorn

How terribly sad. My heart goes out to the whole family. They seem to have done a lot of planning for this outcome. Very best wishes are being sent to the family.

Liz & Alf

J

Jill B

This is terrible news Mary Ann. I am not good with words, but my thoughts and prayers are with Hucc, Koolaid and Oliver, and their families.

M

Mgram

I am still speechless.......and very sad........praying for comfort for Hucc, Koolaid and Oliver. It's just not fair!

Mary Ann, thank you for keeping us informed.

A

audrey

it isd so very sad it was doing better for a while he always seem to comfort others prayers will continue for everyone

C

Calgon1

You know; Some days are good. Some days are bad. Today, finding out about Hucc, flat out sucked!

God Bless you Hucc, Koolaid and Oliver. This world is a better place because of how you have touched our lives. Thank you ...

L

Lisa63

[quote Calgon1]This world is a beter place because of how you have touched our lives. [/quote]

A beautiful sentiment, and so very true. My thoughts and prayers are with Hucc and family.

Lisa63

C

cycofan

This is such sad news. Although I've never met him, Hucc has truly seemed a friend to me. We've exchanged PM's on several topics (religion AND politics) not to be discussed on the board. He is a sensitive, smart, and funny man who has really blessed my life. Prayers for Koolaid and Oliver. What a difficult thing for a young man who has already been through so much in his life.

D

duskbat

Me cries
Hucc is my only Crusie addict friend i met in real life. He showed up at my store and i just knew it was him when he asked for a duskbat. I pray for and wish him well. God bless Hucc he is a real friend.

S

ShipMaven

[quote Calgon1]You know; Some days are good. Some days are bad. Today, finding out about Hucc, flat out sucked!

God Bless you Hucc, Koolaid and Oliver. This world is a better place because of how you have touched our lives. Thank you ...[/quote]

You all are writing very poignant comments, but Calgon, you really hit the nail on the head. I've never met Hucc and his family, but this news was nothing I wanted to hear. Between Hucc and Jeff, my friend battling metastatic colon cancer, my emotions are in the gutter. As one human being to another, you hate to learn this miserable killer is targeting another person.

Mary Ann

C

Corky

My heart breaks for Hucc, and his family, especially Oliver. Thank goodness they were able to be together for these last few years, it was meant to be. (((HUCC)))

I

iluvcruzin

What sad news and my heart breaks for Hucc, Oliver, Koolaid and family. I say ditto to what Calgon said. Hucc has been a true friend to many of us on this board.

B

BostonsJ

I am so sadened to hear this. Hucc is a wonderful young man. I have met both he and Koolaid and this news just floors me. I guess we knew this was a possibility, but I always prayed for miracles for Hucc. My heart is deeply sadened tonight. He is just too young and has so much yet to offer. My prayers are for all those that are close to Hucc's heart , and also that Hucc is comfortable in the coming weeks. He certainly was the sunshine on a gloomy day here on the board.

Thank You Mary Ann. I feared the worst in the last weeks.

W

Whimsy

I don't know what to say. I have never met Hucc but you get to feel you know people on these boards. I'm so sorry to hear this news and they will be in my thoughts and prayers.

J

JacquieP

What a nightmare for them! I'll keep praying, because miracles are always possible, even when they don't seem probable.

D

dezertcruzer

My heart is breaking. My prayers and best wishes are with Hucc, Koolaid and Oliver.