No fans allowed

stevo19860

Hi, I just read that NCL announced no fans allowed whether it be electric, battery etc. Having a fan to sleep at night is a huge deal for me and if I knew this I probably wouldn’t have booked with NCL. Does anyone know of a way around this or your thoughts are greatly appreciated?

red stripe

Staff Captain
You could try asking them. But unless you have a written order from your Doctor, I do not expect that this will be allowed.

With a Doctors order they "MAY" supply you with one of THEIR fans.
Most ships have a few just in case of power outages.

tdavis

Is the fan for the air movement or the sound ? You can use a small travel noise machine with a fan setting to achieve the same thing if it’s just for the noise.

seamom

Staff Captain
I follow cruise vids by a fun couple of guys called Cruise with Ben and David who were quite upset about the fan ban. Their followers put up a ruckus too (surprised to hear so many use them!) and the rule appeared to change so the fans vs fan ban was successful as they were heard!

Felinis

Deck Crew
My first thought is that if you need a fan then you need a new cabin where the AC works properly.

The fan ban is part a larger overall prohibition on passenger devices that could catch fire.

Foremost amount these is clothes pressing irons. Personal hair dryers too.