Port problems at St Croix

old guy

2nd Officer
We had a cruise on Celebrity scheduled to stop in St Croix March 25 2024 and 20 days before we sail
we get an email stating due to port problems the stop in St Croix will be changed to Tortola
I have tried to research the problem and can find nothing. Can anyone find an answer to what
the port problem could be ?

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Don't know. But Tortola is a great spot for beaches and and side trip off to the "Boulders" if you need to spend more money than just a taxi. Never been to St. Croix but if a change has to be made for once for sure its to a good spot. Sometimes not so lucky.

red stripe

Staff Captain
You lucked out!
Tortola is interesting!
check out The Baths.. or our favorite.. a visit to The Soggy Dollar.

The drink..the Painkiller was created by a bartender named Daphne Henderson at the Soggy Dollar Bar on the island of Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. The bar, which is highly visited by boat, is a popular spot for sailors and tourists to stop and enjoy a drink.

old guy

2nd Officer
You lucked out!
Tortola is interesting!
check out The Baths.. or our favorite.. a visit to The Soggy Dollar.

The drink..the Painkiller was created by a bartender named Daphne Henderson at the Soggy Dollar Bar on the island of Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. The bar, which is highly visited by boat, is a popular spot for sailors and tourists to stop and enjoy a drink.
Yep Red stripe I like the Painkiller drink but really hooked on Carib beer. Bought a Carib from a vendor and told him I can not get Carib where I live he directed me to a grocery called Bobby's and I bought a case to bring home. This was our second trip to Tortola it is our favorite caribbean island.