Red some rhubarb for you!(pics)

K

korinalacount

Well our bridal bushes are blooming as well as our side of the house jungle,lo! And then the rhubarb has taken over and is growing by leaps and bounds,and everything is so green as seen in the last 2 pictures of the front of our house,I just love spring!

100_3331.jpg

100_3332.jpg

100_3333.jpg

100_3334.jpg

100_3335.jpg

100_3336.jpg

N

nieciez

Nice greenary...seems like a nice cool place. My folks had a bridal bush when I was growing up...I think they have since taken it out. It's on the side of the house and now with the privacy fence I wouldn't see it when in the yard. Anyway, my sisters and I would love to cut off branches when we were young and make "crowns" for our hair. And when the blooms were near spend we would like to shake the branches and watch it "snow" :) Nice memory.

B

BarbaraK

Lovely photos :)
I love and miss rhubarb, we used to have it growing in our graden in the UK when I was young. A stick of rhubarb and some sugar placed in rolled up newspaper, we'd dip the rhubarb in the sugar .............. heaven! :D

R

reggae

Nice pictures, looks like a beautiful yard.

Yesterday, I chopped down all my rhubarb. I brought it all in, cleaned it, then cut it into small pieces. Then I used my vacuum sealer to bag it into 2 cup quantites, and froze it. Now I'm all set for baking :) (It freezes very well).

R

red stripe

I look at that, and all I see is this...
3b35b55e.jpg

:grin
I need to take a picture of mine. it is really coming in this year, but nothing like that.

And our trees around here really took a beating in that last storm. It snapped a very large branch . Overnight we went from a totally dense green tree, to this...

IMG_5032.jpg

And standing on that red ladder is Einstein, trying to take it out.

R

reggae

That pie looks delish! You'll have to post the recipe for us....

The tree situation looks dangerous!

K

korinalacount

Oh Red isnt it awful when you lose things to the storm,I cant watch when John gets on a ladder like that,he does it everyday for his job,but still I get so scared he is gonna fall off! I have already brought in 3 batches,making rhubarb icecream with that and taking to my daughters house this Sunday!

Denise the blossoms have such a lovely scent as does the honeysuckle and lilics,the lilics are gone,but I have 3 bridal bushes in bloom yet and the honeysuckle,I bring them in the house and put in creative vases and the house smells heavenly!

John does most of the yard work,last night the storm from this weekend took our crest(wooden) we had on wall of house outside,he is going to try to glue it back together. I help weed but he waters,plants,trims,mows,ect.,he loves keeping the yard beautiful,its a stress reliever for him.