MSC Cruises’ most innovative, most environmentally advanced and most exciting ship to date—MSC World Europa—is en-route to Doha, Qatar to prepare for her Naming Ceremony on November 13 following her delivery earlier this week.
The eagerly anticipated new ship spans 22 decks, is 154 feet wide, features 2,626 cabins, and boasts more than 430,556 square feetof public space. This ultramodern urban metropolis at sea is the future of cruising and will offer a world of experiences pushing the boundaries of what is possible on the world’s oceans—setting a new standard for the industry.
Waiting for guests onboard the new MSC World Europa:
The spectacular World Promenade – the beating heart of the ship
The nearly 350-foot long outdoor World Promenade is one of the ship’s most impressive spaces. Day or night, this is the place to be for entertainment, stunning sea views and The Venom Drop @ The Spiral, a striking architectural masterpiece and the longest dry slide at sea with its 11-deck drop. The World Promenade is connected to the World Galleria, which spans 23,831 square feet and is crowned by an awe-inspiring LED and kinetic dome ceiling. The World Promenade is the perfect place to shop, dine and relax with a drink.
Immersive culinary experiences
MSC World Europa will take guests on a gastronomic journey around the world with a choice of 33 restaurants, bars and lounges—each with its own distinct style and ambiance. This includes six specialty restaurants and seven brand new bar and café concepts. Highlights include:
- Chef’s Garden Kitchen is a collaboration with Michelin-starred chef, TV personality and author Niklas Ekstedt focusing on natural ingredients and a farm-to-ocean ethos. This new restaurant features the first-at-sea hydroponic garden where guests will be treated to a uniquely immersive experience, with the master chef preparing Ekstedt’s extraordinary creations in an open kitchen against a backdrop of panoramic sea views
- La Pescaderia is a signature Mediterranean fish restaurant serving the freshest fish, where sophistication meets casual family dining
- The line’s first onboard microbrewery in partnership with Teo Musso, the founder and brewmaster of Italian craft and farm brewery Birra Baladin
- The sleek and modern Coffee Emporium is a coffee connoisseur’s dream
- The Gin Project is a must-visit for gin aficionados offering over 70 craft gins, classic cocktails expertly prepared by gin-tenders, and a vintage Crawley’s shaker
Next-level entertainment options
Guests of all ages will be able to enjoy awe-inspiring entertainment from morning to night, including three new concert-style shows in the multipurpose Luna Park Arena, five new full-scale theatre productions in the World Theatre, four themed experiences in the Panorama Lounge, and pop-up live shows throughout the ship. Highlights include:
- The Panorama Lounge at the aft of the ship will offer immersive and flamboyant entertainment with flying chandeliers
- The stylish 1,153 seat World Theatre will host original productions each night of the cruise
- The versatile Luna Park Arena is a new multifunctional entertainment venue that will host movies, game shows, kids’ activities and themed parties
- Sportplex is a multi-use venue and home to Bumper Cars
The largest, most action-packed kids’ area in MSC Cruises’ fleet
MSC World Europa’s children’s area will be the largest in the fleet, with over 8,245 square feetof interior space and seven rooms dedicated to various age groups from 0 to 17 years old, developed in collaboration with LEGO® and Chicco®. Entertainment for children and teenagers will be even more varied with new and original game and talent show formats across high-tech venues.
Ultimate leisure and wellness facilities
With seven swimming pools and 13 whirlpools located in distinct parts of the ship, there is one to suit every type of traveler, whether the aim is to relax and unwind or enjoy thrills and adventure.
A next-level MSC Yacht Club for premium cruising
MSC World Europa will feature the most luxurious MSC Yacht Club yet, offering unparalleled levels of comfort with more public space, expanded outdoor areas, and stylish new suites. The enhanced public spaces include a totally reimagined sundeck set over two decks for the first time, while two brand-new ultra-spacious Owner-Suites join the ‘ship within a ship’ concept with its key-card access exclusivity.
Innovative new accommodations
MSC World Europa is as different on the inside as she is on the outside, with all-new cabin designs and the most balcony cabins on any ship in the fleet. From luxurious suites with private facilities in the MSC Yacht Club to brand-new cabins overlooking the outdoor promenade and Infinite Ocean View staterooms with panoramic sliding windows that open to form a glass balustrade, there are high-quality, comfortable accommodations to satisfy every taste.