Start packing your camera, sunglasses, your camera, and bathing suits! Orlando has clear blue skies and year-round sunshine – Theme Park Capital of the World® – is the ideal spot for Spring Break. Pleasant temperatures hover around 72 degrees in March and April making for perfect conditions to experience Orlando’s newest attractions and popular events and festivals.
Visitors can even save money on their Spring Break vacation with a wide range of offers including an extra 5% off an entire ticket order through April 16 at VisitOrlando.com.
Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando Resort, pictured here, is just one of many must-see events in Orlando this spring, just in time for Spring Break. And, visitors can save money with a wide range of offers including an extra 5% off an entire ticket order through April 16 at VisitOrlando.com.
New & Exciting Changes
With a plethora of exciting Orlando additions, now is the perfect time to enjoy all of the newest area attractions, including:
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, a new land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios set on the remote planet Batuu, features two signature attractions, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- The first-ever Mickey-themed ride-through attraction, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, will also open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 4.
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, an all-new roller coaster thrill ride in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
- Sesame Street, a new land at SeaWorld Orlando, where guests can explore the iconic neighborhood and join the party on Sesame Street with Elmo and his furry friends during SeaWorld Orlando’s first-ever parade.
- Drawn to Life, a new Cirque du Soleil show transports guests into the world of Disney’s animation in Cirque’s signature style starting April 17, at Disney Springs.
- Ole Red, A new restaurant by country superstar Blake Shelton, will open at ICON Park on April 17, merging southern hospitality, good food, and live country music.
Special Spring Break Events
Spring makes for an especially good time to visit, when the destination’s world-class theme parks offer seasonal entertainment as well as events beyond the park, including festivals, concerts, and celebrations for all ages:
- Mardi Gras at Universal Studios Florida, Feb. 1 – April 2
Enjoy nightly parades with street performers, colorful costumes and countless beads flying through the air. Hear tunes from authentic New Orleans bands or catch some of the biggest names in music live in concert.
- SeaWorld’s Seven Seas Food Festival, Weekends Feb. 7 – May 3
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, guests can sip and sample their way around the world of international coastal cuisine while enjoying craft beers, paired wines, and specialty entertainment. The fun extends beyond the food with live performances each Saturday and Sunday from top country, rock, and Latin music artists.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, Mar. 4 – June 1
Take in a showcase of brilliant blossoms, flavor-rich cuisine from various outdoor kitchens, Disney topiary stars, interactive play gardens and live chart-topping musical acts during the Garden Rocks Concert Series, now featuring fan-favorite bands and more, seven days a week.
- The Arnold Palmer Invitational, March 2 – 8
This annual event at Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge is a crown jewel on the PGA tour, not-to-be-missed by golfers and fans alike.
- Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, March 20 – 22
This free festival is one of the nation’s most prestigious outdoor arts events and features show-stopping jazz, children’s activities, and great eats.
- MegaCon Orlando, April 16 – 19
The Southeast’s largest comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, and gaming event, MegaCon attracts over 100,000 fans each year across four big days. Fans can get an autograph or a photo with their favorite celebrity, attend panels, shop Artist Alley and take photos with their favorite costumed characters.
- Florida Film Festival, April 17 – 26
A showcase of the best in cutting-edge current cinema and indulgent experiences in food and wine, this event mixes industry parties, special events, and a star-packed attendee list.
For more information about how to plan the perfect spring break trip to Orlando, visit VisitOrlando.com.
This article is brought to by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts