There are basically three groups of cruise travelers. Some try sailing once, find the experience is not for them so they return to land travel options. I understand that. Others like cruise travel as one choice on a menu of travel options, mixing things up. I get those people too. Then there are those of us for which the words ‘travel’ and ‘cruise’ are synonymous. This unique group of people look first to the world of cruise vacations for their travel needs, often because of the extreme value brought to the table by cruising. These people look at the world a bit differently; they live to cruise and love all things cruising. Need a gift for your cruise traveler? These work nicely:
- Give Now, Pay Later– Buy a cruise during reduced deposit sale for a future date. Celebrity Cruises has that right now, with $25 per person deposits. Called their Best Offer Ever sale, this one also includes bonus amenities too.
- Easy Romance– Add a romance package to an existing booking- Royal Caribbean International has a variety of Romance Packages we can buy for ourselves or others as does Princess Cruises.
- Gear To Go– Select travel clothing catalogs and/or website suggestions and a Visa gift certificate that will work at all of them. SCOTTeVEST currently having a 15th Anniversary Sale enabling savings of 40% off 12 great products with promo code “SeV15. Also consider
- New Luggage Accessory- nice tags are a good choice, a passport/document carrier another.
- Remember Me- Bon Voyage Gifts, at home or on the ship range from logo wear to bottles of wine, cash to spend onboard and more.
- Make It Last Longer- Pre- or Post-cruise hotel packages like at the Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port Hotel in South Florida serving Port Everglades
- Documenting Our Travel- A Cruise History spreadsheet to track details of bookings, lines, ships and itineraries
- Travel Efficiently- A curated selection of smartphone apps. Suggested: MarineTraffic, Wind And Weather Meter, Open Signal as well as cruise line-specific apps.
- Know What You Are Getting Into- Background information on the ship and destinations someone will see on their cruise. CruiseCritic does a great job with cruise ship deck plans and background information
- Let Them Make The Call- Gift Cards: Apple iTunes Store, Cruise Line Gift Cards, Gift card for place to have lunch at a destination with a menu.
This article is brought to by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts.