1. Red Frog Pub – This was one of my favorite spots onboard the Carnival Sunshine. The Key West inspired pub is relaxing and made me feel like I was at a friendly island bar. At night you will be treated to some of the best live music on-board any ship. Be sure to smile as the bartenders routinely will offer to take your picture and you will soon see your smiling face on the monitors above the bar. Lastly, The pub has a variety of seating options so you can sit right at the bar or find a quiet corner for two.
Drink Suggestion:Carnival Cruise Lines created its own private-label beer when they opened the first Red Frog Pub. Its named ThirstyFrog Red and I found it to be smooth and refreshing.
2. Alchemy Bar– This vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” staffed by lab coat wearing Master Mixologists is another wonderful place. It offers drinks in a relaxing and fun environment. Clearly one of the top places onboard because the drinks are amazing and it creates an environment to meet fellow cruisers. People were talking about what each other had ordered or what everyone’s favorite drink was. It features a mixture of bar stools as well as seating to relax. Located right off Ocean Plaza you will have great seat to the evenings live band. View the Alchemy Bar Menu
3. Library Bar– An amazing mix of the ships library with comfortable seating, books, board games and internet terminals. The full service bar offers fine spirits or you can pour yourself a glass of wine using the self-serve Wine Dispensers. You can choose a small taste, half or a full glass of eight different wines. I really looked forward to seeing this in action myself. Because I think it is fun to experience tasting different wines I might not otherwise try. View Library Bar Drink Menu
Drink Suggestion:Try the Riesling wine, it was sweet and fruity but smooth. We did a test and found ourselves wanting more.
4. The Punchliners Comedy Club – The Punchliners Comedy Club is held in the LimeLight Lounge at night and is a great place to relax and have a good laugh. The PunchLiner also has a special drink menu that is only available when the club is open. This gives you a great opportunity to watch a great show and try a unique drink. Be sure to get here early, it is one of the most popular venues aboard the ship and fills up fast.
Drink Suggestion: Try the drink named after the club itself and it will have you laughing. Its called the PunchLiner – It includes a mix of Flor de Caña 4 Year Rum, Skyy Vodka, Bombay Original Gin, Blue Curacao, citrus lychee syrup and a splash of club soda.
5. PYOB! Pour Your Own Beer! – We thought this was a great idea and loved it. We found two Beer Stations, one is located next to the Deli and the other is next to the Pizza station inside the Marketplace Buffet Area. Be sure to stop in for a late night slice of a pizza or snack and have a fresh glass of tap beer. Budweiser Light and ThirstyFrog Red is available.
Suggestion: Try the Pizza with either beer choice, it will surely be good. We loved the new pizza onboard the Sunshine. Just be patient during peak times, they are making them fresh for you.