GRAND PRINCESS APRIL 4, 2004

C

CYCLONE

Mike,

Thanks for the info. I booked two trips through Princess Stingray City in Grand Caymen, and Passion Island on Cozumel. Being a rookie cruiser I chickened out and went though Princess. That way my rear is covered if something goes wrong. And the prices were not that much more than booking on my own.

I did not watch the games, the Hawks and the Clones are so bad it makes me sick. Went a couple weeks back and saw the Clones beat Kansas at home good game. Then they get killed last night by K-State. Clones have lost 22 road games in a row. No wonder the old coach Larry Eustacey was drinking himself to death, the rest of us Cloner's have been doing that for years. GO CYCLONES.................BURP!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you think there are two formal nights, that makes sense those are the nights we are at sea.

Later,
CYCLONE

P.S. No I will not be wearing the Cyclone hat during the formal, I will wear a hat from another team that breaks my heart year after year those Damn Chicago Bears.

M

mikeh

Cyclone

Asked the wife when the Formal nights were. She said it was Tuesday and Friday. Now that she said that i remember because we had gone to Carlos and Charlies and had a few Margaritas, when the other couple that went with us tried to leave he was stubling so bad that he had to sit down three times before we got him back to the ship. (not a big drinker, but it was hot and they went down so good.) When he got back he said he was not going to dinner, but when we told him it was lobster night he decided to go. We have given him a hard time about that. He says this time he going to drink a little slower.

C

CYCLONE

10-4, Tue, and Fri. Friday, might be tough, like your experience with your drinking buddy. We have that Passion Island excursion, which includes a open bar. And with our past experience with open bar, the wife and I should be snockered, for the formal dinner, ha, ha,ha, Hope I can get my tux on.

Man time is flying by, I'm getting excited for this trip. Only about 6 weeks to go. Hope the weather is hot, and sunny, this winter is getting old. Thanks for the info.

Later,
Cyclone

C

CYCLONE

T MINUS 30 DAYS AND COUNTING.........................................................

C

CYCLONE

Heck Mike I believe I will have a frozen drink tonight, I just picked up our document from the TA at lunch. Cool deal, time to get fired up.

M

mikeh

Time to do the Doc Dance at Cyclones house. When did you send in you pre-docs. Noticed on a another board that a lot of people on our cruise were getting their docs too. Havent heard a word about ours, but we have three rooms that are not assigned rooms yet. maybe thats the hold up. But i think that the first time we went we didnt get our docs till like a week before we left.

T

tincup

We are a group from the Santa barbara area are going one the Grand 4/4/04 anyone else doing the Pardise Beach tour in Cozumel? there are 10 in our groupe

Post Edited (03-04-04 22:12)

T

tincup

cyclone I have rear a couple of your posts on the cruise crtic board there seems to be a bit more interest on this board there are ten in our gang we are in our 50s 60s and love to party have been on the Grand in 99 it will be our 13th with Princess any questions be glad to answer Doug

C

CYCLONE

Tincup,
My wife and I are reserved for the Passion Island Beach excursion on Cozumel, is that the same or different than Paradise Beach? I'm 38, and my wife is 36.........opps I should say she is 28 and counting or I will be shot. Its our first time to cruise, we are very excited. Counting the days down.

M

mikeh

Hey Tincup

Welcome to the group. We are about the same age group. We also will have 10 in our group.

Do you have room assignments yet. Cant wait to here what Cyclone has to say about the Grand, like you we have been on it before. When are you heading to FLL. Like Cyclone we are flying in the day before.

CANT WAIT.

N

Northender

Well it looks as tho we are going to have to find you guys on the excursions. Just hubby and me going. I have signed up for the Nautilus sub w/snorkeling and looking for other ideas such as the Passion Island. I am a wine drinker but other half loves margeritas, mudslides, etc.
We are going to FLL on Saturday - which brings to mind, I think we have to move our clocks ahead one hour Saturday night before retiring. Staying at AmeriSuites. Anyone else staying there. Get picked up at the airport and price includes breakfast. I have read the other boards, critics and cruisemates. Got some great info regarding Princess Cay day. Looking forward to that. No tuxes, etc. for us. We will bring sportsjacket for hubby and one fancy smanzy casual for me. Did Personal Choice Dining. Want to bring some wine on board - not a lot - for consumtion in room only.
Hopefully they won't take it away. Will wrap in bubble wrap and towels and hope it makes it thu scanner without breakage or detection. Any idea where to pick it up near the AmeriSuites. Also, idea for dinner that night.
No docs yet but have Baja 716 w/balcony. Hopefully my grandson will let me borrow his NE Patriots Superbowl Champs hat.
So I guess the bottom line for us is to jump in to the bars and hope for conversation.
One of the boards suggested the wheelhouse(?) after the drill. Anyone plan to attend?

Looking to hear about what excursions to take and ones not to bother with.

22 or so days to go - YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

M

mikeh

Northender

We stayed at the Amerisuties when we went on the Grand in 2002. They had an Outbacks right across the street from the Hotel. We ate their and the food was great. I remember a liquor store also that was right across 17th avenue in a strip mall. We liked the Amerisuites but when we tried to get a room were told that it was sold out. So we are staying at the Springhill Suites.

C

CYCLONE

Hey, Northender welcome to the roll call. Hope we can all hook up to meet. We are doing the Sting Ray Island deal on Grand Caymen, and the Passion Island deal on Cozumel. At Costa Maya we are just going to go into Mahahaul and find a beach bar and drink the day away. We are staying in Davie Fl at the Comfort Suites, I couldn't get a room close to the pier they were all booked. This is our first cruise and we are pumped up to go. Just counting the days down. Heck I even started the fake bake at the local tanning salon so I don't blind everyone on the boat with my winter white Iowa skin. God I hate tan beds. Later

N

Northender

Thanks for info. Can someone tell me about the Passion Island day. We looked in to this on the princess.com and are interested. One thing that is necessary is shade for me and my cheap Irish skin. Never tanned in my life, just burn. Bringing lots of sunscreen but would like to do the PI tour. I am doing the Nautilis/Snorkeling and hubby doing the bike trip in GC. Looking forward to meeting eveyone. As I said earlier, how about meeting at the Wheelhouse after the drill. It is on the Promenade between Sabitini's and Explorer Lounge. Any other ideas. I can be very easily swayed to another lounge. (LOL).
Oh yes, on Passion Island, does anyone know if they have white wine.
I am also planning to bring some aboard for our own use. The FAQs on princess.com says you can. Will pick it up in FFL so don't have to schlepp from Boston.
19 days to wheels-up and 20 days to castoff.

C

CYCLONE

I would bubble wrap your wine and put it in your checked luggage. Also pack a corkscrew in your checked luggage also, if you don't want to pay the corkage fees. Heck might as well sneek it onboard and save a little $$. They are going to charge you on everything they can besides the food. I plan on bringing a bit of smuggled rum and vodka in my check luggage. And I bet my wife and I will still have a $800 bar bill.

Its snowing here today, 5 inches expected and it is very depressing. Need spring. Just have to make it 3 more weeks and we will all be living it up in the warm and sunny caribbean.

M

mikeh

Cyclone will have to get a part time job to pay his bar bill. 5 inches, better you than us. One good thing is that it may snow today but tommorow it will melt, the midwest in March. I agree in only 20 days we will be on a beach sucking on a cold one. CANT WAIT.

C

CYCLONE

We had 5 inches at 10am. Heck now they are talking 12 inches by the time it is over. But like you said it supposed to be mid 50's by the weekend. This is normal for March during the Girls or Boys High School State Basketball Tourney. My old High School plays first round tonight hope we can get to the game. We always get some darn blizzard during tourney time, just when all the out of towners converge on Des Moines for the games, and we enjoy their fine winter driving skills, watch them get in wrecks, watch them get lost, and pray they don't slide into your car. Caribbean Cruise take me away........................................gotta go time to fuel the snow blower yeah.

M

mikeh

Looks like those muscles will need that warm sun we have all been waiting for. Warm sun and cold frozen things are in your future. It gets harder to sleep at night . Got the tux out last night to see if it still fits. Went to Wal Mart to find some new jeans. I think my MIL is finally getting excited, said she wasnt going to until it was time to leave. But talked with some friends this weekend and they said all she talks about is the Cruise. Makes spending the money to take them even more tolerable.