GRAND PRINCESS APRIL 4, 2004

M

maull

My daughter is also in 8th grade and will turn 14 in April. I really want her to have meet some kids her own age to hang out with on the cruise. Is your daughter going to try out that teen club?

Post Edited (03-19-04 09:44)

M

maull

Sounds like you have a lot of cruising experience. I have two questions: 1) do we need to bring our own beach towels, or are they provided? 2) Does the ship try to seat you in the dining room with families that have similar age children?

M

mikeh

Maull

Beach towels were availabe on the ship. I think they frown on taking them on shore tho.
Seating is done by request. We had a group of four the first time and most of the time were seated at a table for four. One night we were seated with others. The time we went there were very few children on the ship. I would think that if you asked they would try to seat you with familys. Where on the ship is your cabin, we are on the Carribe deck but my daughter and Mother havent gotten a cabin assigned as yet. Maybe we could have our daughters meet. She hasnt said anthing about going to the teen club, she likes to hang with the adults, thinks she may miss something.

T

Teapartea

Hi Mary Ellen:
My 14 year old daughter will be definitely be checking out the teen club. Will you have any other children with you?
Tea

C

CYCLONE

YEAH, WE JUST WON THE IOWA HIGH SCHOOL STATE BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP. THE OLD HIGH SCHOOL DOES GREAT TWENTY YEARS AFTER I GRADUATED. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO PRAIRIE CITY-MONROE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

maull

Tea:

We have a 10-year-old daughter as well. She'll hopefully be participating in the club for her age group.
I'm glad to hear that your older daughter is going to try out the teen club. I think they'll enjoy it. I making my daughters at least give it a try. I think they'll have so much more fun on the cruise if they find some buddies to hang out with.

Mary Ellen

T

Teapartea

Mary Ellen:
We also have a 6 & 7 year old. What deck are you on? We are on the Aloha Deck.
Tea

M

maull

Tea:
I know this is terrible, but I'm not sure...I think we're on the Baja deck.
This is one detail of our cruise that I paid very little attention to. I knew I wanted our money to go toward excursions, and then we decided to get a second room for our daughters, so I didn't care where we were, I just wanted the cheapest rooms possible. I figured we wouldn't be spending much time in our rooms. I hope their not horrible.
We are snorkeling w/Stingrays in Grand Cayman and swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel. Are you doing any excursions?

T

Teapartea

Hi Mary Ellen!
Sorry for the delay in replying, it's been crazy around here. We are doing both of those excursions, but not through Princess. We booked seperately on- line. In addition, we booked the Uvero Beach Break in Costa Maya. (That's through the ship!) I hope we run into you on board.I am sure that my daughter will be checking out the teen club the first night!
Tea