Guests can sail on board MSC Magnifica for a brand-new 116-night sailing, calling at unique destinations including Peru, Papua New Guinea, Bali and India
MSC Cruises announced today the opening of sales for its second world cruise, setting sail in 2020 on board MSC Magnifica. MSC Voyagers Club members can begin booking today, and all other passengers can book beginning November 23.
The 2020 MSC World Cruise boasts a new itinerary that includes more exotic, bucket-list destinations than ever before, with more than 40 ports of call and 23 countries. With four different embarkation ports and dates to kick off the three-month voyage, travelers can select their ideal starting point for a more customized vacation experience. Guests will make their travel dreams come true by crossing the globe without ever needing to leave the comfort of their staterooms. And, on board the stunning MSC Magnifica, they will be able to journey from country to country in the style and comfort that only MSC Cruises delivers.
“Following the highly successful launch of our first MSC World Cruise last year, due to set to sail in January 2019, we are now delighted to open sales for a new world cruise for 2020 developed to offer guests experiences and destinations that they will never forget,” said Gianni Onorato, chief executive officer of MSC Cruises. “In addition, the experience onboard MSC Magnifica – one of the jewels of our fleet – has been designed to reflect the cultures and cuisines of the countries that the ship visits, giving guests the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in a true around the world voyage of discovery both on board and on shore.”
Guests embarking from Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th of January 2020 respectively will cross five continents on a three-month voyage of discovery to some of the world’s most talked-about destinations. Travelers embarking on January 4 will actually be able to enjoy the ship one day early before official departure on January 5. To offer even more opportunities to explore, eight destinations will include an overnight stay in port, giving guests up to two days to experience the local attractions, cuisine and unique atmosphere.
The 2020 MSC World Cruise will visit 43 destinations in total, many of which are brand new, exotic destinations including, among many others:
- Ushuaia, Argentina – As the most southern city in the world, this Argentinian fishing village offers stunning water scenery with often snow-topped mountains.
- Rapa Nui / Easter Island – This island is famed globally for its unique collection of carved-stone figurines dating back to the 13th century.
- Darwin, Australia – Located at the northern tip of the country, the region allows guest to experience the true Australia – beaches, lagoons, sports and local wildlife, all within close proximity.
- Valparaiso, Chile – This city is famed for its small colored houses on its coastal hills, and guests can get a spectacular view out into the Pacific or explore the city, searching for its photo-worthy murals.
- Mumbai/Bombay, India – The bustling city of Mumbai (previously called Bombay) offers smells, tastes and sights around every corner.
- Salalah, Oman – With multiple waterfalls, exotic lush flora and unusual animals, this stop will be hard to forget.
MSC Cruises is known for providing authentic experiences through its wide range of shore excursions that allow guests to get closer to the action, discover new cultures and visit unique locations. The 2020 MSC World Cruise is no different, and to help guests make the most of their voyage, 15 shore excursions are included in the cost of the booking with additional excursions available to book in advance or during the cruise.
Highlights of these excursions include:
- In Isle of Pines, New Caledonia, guests can visit ‘Turtle Bay’ where it will be easy to understand the reason for the name. Participants can swim up-close and personal with two different breeds of turtles as well as possibly other marine life such as stingrays, manta rays, sharks and dolphins.
- In Aqaba, Petra, visitors can explore the ancient city of Petra in the middle of the Jordanian desert and traverse the narrow cut-through ravine revealing the famous rose-red rock carved temple.
- In Port Kelang, Kuala Lumpur, travelers can reach the peak of one of the world’s most famous (and tallest) skyscrapers as you reach the top of the Kuala Lumpur Tower. From the top, guests can take in the breathtaking city views from above and capture the perfect vacation photos.
Guests on the World Cruise will also benefit from:
- A complimentary Mealtime Restaurant Drinks Package, which includes unlimited wine, mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner in the main dining room and buffet
- A 30% reduction on all laundry services
- More than 90 shows performed in the ship’s Royal Theatre, including 30 Broadway-style shows and a wide range of live music, including acts inspired by the itinerary
- A comprehensive activity schedule with theme evenings, language classes, cultural guest speakers and much more
Guests will travel in style and comfort aboard MSC Magnifica, featuring an award-winning Balinese spa, one of the highest ratios of balcony staterooms at sea and fresh and authentic dining options that are a key feature of a MSC Cruises getaway.
During the exclusive one-month booking window for MSC Voyagers Club members, loyal MSC Cruises guests will be able to choose their ideal stateroom before they sell out. Beyond that, the Company will also credit triple membership points at the time of booking, allowing MSC Voyagers Club members to enjoy added benefits right away, all on top of 15 complimentary shore excursions and a mealtime drinks package.
Guests who are not already an MSC Voyagers Club member, but do have a loyalty card or status from another leading travel reward program, can join the MSC Voyagers Club at a similar or higher level thanks to MSC Status Match. For more information on the MSC Voyagers Club or the MSC Status Match program, please visit here.
To learn more about MSC Magnifica and further details of the World Cruise itinerary, please visit here.
This article is brought to by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts.