MSC Cruises has opened sales for the MSC World Cruise 2025 with an entirely new itinerary aboard MSC Magnifica. Voyagers can embark on this unique journey of a lifetime from four European ports – Civitavecchia/Rome, Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona (any day from January 4-7, 2025).
The 116-night voyage around the world will visit 50 breathtaking destinations in 21 countries, featuring 22 destinations that have never been featured on an MSC World Cruise before and seven overnight stays. The three-month journey will take cruisers to five continents, crossing three of the world’s largest oceans and sailing over 30,000 nautical miles. Whether it’s natural splendor, vibrant cosmopolitan cities or world-famous historical sites, this incredible itinerary will check must-see places off guests’ bucket-lists and broaden their horizons with new tastes, diverse cultures and authentic global experiences.
The wondrous voyage begins with world-famous cities and ports in Italy, France, and Spain before sailing to Casablanca to experience Morocco’s markets and medinas. One week into the trip, guests will spend their first days at sea, followed by a day trip to Cape Verde’s capital, Mindelo.
MSC Cruises 2025 World Cruise
After crossing the Atlantic Ocean, guests will spend ten days exploring South America, including overnights in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Valparaiso, Chile followed by a visit to the Falkland Islands with its stunning vistas and the southernmost point of the continent—Ushuaia, Argentina.
The ship will then make its way across the South Pacific Ocean, visiting tropical islands for almost two weeks. Stops include the world-famous Easter Island, Chile; Moorea, French Polynesia; and Aitutaki and Rarotonga in the Cook Islands.
After that, guests will enjoy an extended voyage through New Zealand and Australia starting with the Northern Islands of New Zealand, a popular destination for big-game fishing and learning about the country’s indigenous people—the Maori. In eight days, guests visit the cities of Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Christchurch and Dunedin, followed by the Milford Sound fjord in southern New Zealand.
Marking the second month of sailing, MSC Magnifica will call in Sydney, Australia to embark on one of the highlights of the cruise—19 days sailing around the beautiful Southern and Western coasts of the country to call at stunning destinations, national parks and trendy beach towns.
Guests can visit the natural paradise of Eden, famous for its oysters, food and incredible beaches. They can dive into the hip city of Melbourne, enjoy outdoor adventures in Adelaide and Penneshaw, get immersed in the historic city of Albany, explore the vibrant beach town of Busselton and take in the famous Margaret River wine growing region. Perth’s laid-back vibes and Broome’s beaches cap off the guests’ time in Australia.
Arriving in the lush tropical climate of Asia, the ship will call in Benoa on Bali, Indonesia with an overnight stay allowing guests ample time to explore the island’s natural beauty. After that, the backdrop will change entirely as MSC Magnifica sails to the jewel of South-East Asia—Singapore. Here, guests can marvel at futuristic architecture decorated by a mosaic of vertical gardens. To complete the Asian itinerary, guests will visit Port Klang and Penang in Malaysia, followed by the idyllic island of Phuket in Thailand.
During the journey across the Indian Ocean, guests can enjoy a visit to the capital of Sri Lanka, Colombo, followed by the port of Aqaba in Jordan, where guests can visit the world-famous archaeological site of Petra. Next up, travelers can enjoy the beautiful Red Sea resort of Sham El-Sheik, the ancient sites in Luxor (from the port of Safaga), then transit through the Suez Canal and on to Alexandria where opportunities to visit Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza await.
To round out this once-in-a-lifetime itinerary, MSC Magnifica will sail back to Europe, visiting four iconic cities in Italy, ending a trip full of discovery in Genoa.
2025 MSC World Cruise highlights include:
- Casablanca, Morocco: This is a vibrant and historic city renowned for its stunning architecture and beautiful beaches. Casablanca’s visitors can explore its many historical landmarks, such as the largest mosque in the world, the Hassan II Mosque, or indulge in the city’s famous cuisine which blends traditional Moroccan flavors with French and Spanish influences.
- Rio de Janeiro: Renowned for its natural beauty, rich cultural heritage and lively atmosphere, Rio is a city not to be missed on any trip around the world. Guests are granted an overnight stay to allow time for a night filled with fun and dancing to the beat of samba music. During the day, visitors can explore the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue, relax on the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, or take a cable car ride to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain for panoramic views of “The Marvelous City.”
- Ushuaia, Argentina: The most adventurous destination of them all is Ushuaia, a place known as the southernmost city in the world which is surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of the Tierra del Fuego National Park. Guests can explore the stunning glaciers and fjords of the Beagle Channel, spot whales, and experience the rugged beauty of Patagonia.
- Hanga Roa, Chile: Located on the mystical Easter Island, this is a must-visit destination for those looking to experience a unique blend of cultural heritage and natural beauty. A main attraction on the island is the famous Moai sculptures, which have become an icon of the island’s rich heritage. The mysterious statues weigh up to 75 tons and were carved by Rapa Nui people thousands of years ago, captivating visitors from all over the world.
- Christchurch, New Zealand: This city is renowned for its beautiful botanic gardens, rich history and the juxtaposition of urban regeneration and its ancient heritage. The city is filled with cutting-edge architecture built alongside authentic buildings. Guests can visit the International Antarctic Centre to learn about the region’s Antarctic heritage and experience a simulated blizzard.
- Milford Sound, New Zealand: With a strengthened focus on New Zealand, the cruise offers eight days to explore seven iconic cities on the island. Milford Sound is perhaps the most unique destination as it takes guests along a breathtaking fjord located on the southwestern coast of New Zealand’s South Island. It is renowned for its towering cliffs, pristine waters and diverse wildlife, including seals, penguins, and dolphins.
- Penneshaw, Australia: Out of the nine cities visited in Australia, Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island is the premier nature destination. This charming town with a coastal vibe offers a unique opportunity to discover Australia’s famous wildlife, including sightings of kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, sea lions and over 270 species of birds.
- Benoa, Indonesia: This bustling port town is located on the southern coast of Bali. Stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters and exciting water-based activities await the guests as they enjoy the island for two days. Those interested in cultural sights can achieve their hearts desire at the traditional Balinese fishing village of Tanjung Benoa while enjoying a refreshing drink.
Benefits when booking:
- A dine and drink package is included for all World Cruises passengers.
- 15 shore excursions are included in the booking price.
- 30% discount on laundry.
- Classic level MSC Voyager Club members and above will benefit from a 5% discount on their booking price. The points gained from the World Cruise will be tripled and added to their account before the start of the voyage, instantly granting them valuable privileges and extras.
To find out more about the MSC World Cruise 2025 and to book, please click here.