Riviera River Cruises has announced it will be offering new cruises on Europe’s Danube and Rhine rivers over Christmas and New Year’s during the 2020-21 holiday season. Cruise Addicts will be able to explore festive markets, then enjoy a Christmas Day gala dinner and Christmas musical performances back on board the ship. On New Year’s cruises, ring in 2021 with drinks and canapés onboard the ship at midnight New Year’s Eve, then wake to a New Year’s Day brunch.
“The holidays are one of the most beautiful times of the year to visit Europe, and you can now celebrate Christmas and New Year’s there with Riviera,” said Marilyn Conroy, Riviera River Cruises’ Executive Vice President Sales, and Marketing North America. “Cruise the Danube and Rhine rivers in their wintry splendor, exploring markets filled with festive lights, artisan decorations, and seasonal treats, then return to the comfort of the ship for Christmas dinner or to toast the New Year at midnight if desired. We hope you’ll think of Riviera first for your holiday travels abroad.”
Highlights of Christmas and New Year’s cruises on the Danube and Rhine rivers include:
- Christmas on the Blue Danube: Aboard a ship adorned with garlands and a majestic Christmas tree, cruise from Budapest, Hungary, to Linz, Austria, and back with guided tours of Bratislava, Melk, Linz or Salzburg, Vienna and Budapest, and visits to the Esztergom Basilica, Melk Abbey and Schönbrunn Palace. Enjoy time to explore Christmas markets, as well as a Christmas Day gala dinner, a Christmas classical quartet recital and a Hungarian Christmas folklore show on board. Eight-day cruise starts at $3,019 per person based on double occupancy.
- Christmas on the Rhine: Aboard a ship adorned with garlands and a majestic Christmas tree, cruise through the dramatic Rhine Gorge from Cologne, Germany, to Strasbourg, France, and back with guided tours of Koblenz, Rüdesheim, Speyer, Strasbourg, Boppard, and Cologne. Enjoy time to explore Christmas markets, as well as a Christmas Day gala dinner, a Christmas musical performance, a folklore show and a classical music concert on board. Eight-day cruise starts at $3,039 per person based on double occupancy.
- New Year on the Blue Danube: Cruise from Budapest, Hungary, to Bratislava, Slovakia, and Vienna, Austria, and back, with guided tours of all three as well as a visit to Schönbrunn Palace. Enjoy New Year’s Eve drinks and canapés at midnight, a New Year’s Day brunch, a classical music recital and a Hungarian folklore show on board. Six-day cruise starts at $2,049 per person based on double occupancy.
- New Year on the Rhine: Cruise through the dramatic Rhine Gorge from Cologne, Germany, to Frankfurt and back with guided tours of Rüdesheim, Frankfurt, Koblenz, and Cologne. Enjoy New Year’s Eve drinks and canapés at midnight, a New Year’s Day brunch, a folklore show and a classical music concert on board. Six-day cruise starts at $2,079 per person based on double occupancy.
Riviera River Cruises
Riviera River Cruises offers 19 itineraries on 10 rivers and waterways, including exclusive departures for solo travelers with no single supplement. Its fleet of 13 ships is one of the youngest in Europe, with none older than six years. Riviera’s cruises include spacious cabins and suites, fine culinary experiences from sumptuous breakfasts to four-course dinners featuring international classics and regional specialties, and expert-led excursions to classic sights and lesser-known places.
Riviera guarantees exceptional value, promising never to add hidden surcharges or fees. Riviera also doesn’t automatically include gratuities or drinks, so the choice is up to guests.
For more information about Riviera River Cruises, visit https://www.rivierarivercruises.com or call 888-838-8820.
- 7 Mistakes to Never Make When Booking Your Cruise
- Miami Cruise Parking Guide 2020
- 7 Canada and New England Cruise Ports that You’re Going to Love
- Tips and Tricks for a Hassle-Free Cruise with a Baby
This article is brought to by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts