Royal Caribbean International will bring new ways to explore Europe in summer 2022 with a fresh mix of ships, new itineraries and destinations across the region. From Italy and Israel to the British Isles and the Arctic Circle. Guests can experience culture-rich adventures on board ships new to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe with Brilliance of the Seas sailing round trip from Venice, Italy and Voyager of the Seas launching her first season in the Baltic Sea. A game-changing lineup of guest favorites, Anthem, Allure and Odyssey of the Seas – Royal Caribbean’s second Quantum Ultra Class ship debuting in 2021 – will return to their respective homeports in Southampton, England; Barcelona and Rome to create a summer of memory-making in Europe’s most sought-after destinations.
Royal Caribbean’s 2022 Europe season opens for bookings on Friday, Dec. 4, 2020; Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members can book as soon as today.
Sail the Mediterranean from Italy
- Odyssey will return to Rome and set sail on 7- and 9-night cruises to the Greek Isles and Turkey, and 12-night Holy Land sailings. Guests can relish in sun-soaked destinations the scenic shores and ancient ruins of Santorini, Mykonos, Athens and Rhodes, Greece; Ephesus, Turkey; Naples/Capri, Italy; and Haifa and Jerusalem, Israel. New in 2022, Holy Land itineraries will call on Limassol, Crete, a bustling city designated in its entirety as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visiting the Mediterranean’s most alluring cities and famed beach destinations, Brilliance will embark on 7-night cruises to Greece and Croatia, and the Greek Isles. Starting in Venice (Ravenna), Italy, guests can explore picturesque coastline cities, such as Dubrovnik, Croatia and Athens, and enjoy the multihued waters and beaches of Mykonos and the waterfront tavernas of Santorini.
Explore Europe from Spain
- Oasis Class returns to Barcelona with Allure setting sail for the Western Mediterranean on 7-night cruises that include late nights in Rome, Naples/Capri and Florence/Pisa, Italy. For those wishing to start and end their trip in Italy, roundtrip sailings from Rome are also available.
- Vision of the Seas will introduce new 8-night Western Mediterranean cruises for the summer and, starting in September 2022, add shorter, 5-night sailings for the autumn months. The ship will visit the famed coastal cities of the French Riviera, including Toulon, France and Monte Carlo, Monaco; and Italy’s Cagliari, Sardinia and Palermo, Sicily.
British and Baltic Adventures
- Voyager will embark on her inaugural Northern Europe season, offering 7-, 10- and 11-night adventures on the Baltic Sea, roundtrip from Copenhagen (May to June and August) and Stockholm (July). Guests will have a bucket list-worthy collection of destinations to explore, from the captivating beauty of the Norwegian fjords to Europe’s oldest medieval town in Tallinn, Estonia, along with overnight stays in St. Petersburg to experience the art and culture of Russia by day and night.
- Jewel of the Seas will introduce a new itinerary for the cruise line in September 2022. The 9- and 10-night, open-jaw sailings between Tarragona, Spain and Athens visit Olympia and Santorini, Greece; Monte Carlo; the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera, among other ports of call. Before repositioning to Tarragona, Jewel will offer a diverse mix of 12-night itineraries from Amsterdam to awe-inspiring destinations, including Iceland, the British Isles, Arctic Circle and Norwegian fjords.
- Anthem will arrive to Southampton for the second consecutive year in May 2022, and embark on a variety of 7-, 12 and 14-night cruises to Northern Europe, the Iberian Peninsula, Western Mediterranean and Canary Islands.
- Adventure seekers can opt for 7-night cruises to visit Norway’s coastline and take in the picturesque ports and breathtaking views of the fjords, experience Scandinavia’s local city life or discover the world of wine tasting in France and tapas tours in Spain.
- Guests looking for a longer summer vacation with sun-filled days can head south to the Canary Islands on a 12-night cruise, sailing to Vigo, Spain; Lisbon and Madeira, Portugal; as well as Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
- Travelers can also escape to the Mediterranean’s best beaches and bustling, culture-rich cities on a 14-night itinerary that includes Nice, France; Rome and Naples, Italy; Barcelona, Valencia, Malaga, Palma De Mallorca and Ibiza, Spain; and Lisbon.
For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.