Carnival Cruise Line was originally an independent company founded in 1972 by Ted Arison. Now, the company is one of ten cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corporation & plc. The company has the largest fleet in the group, with 24 vessels currently in operation that account for 21.1% of the worldwide cruise market.
A pioneer in the concept of shorter, less expensive cruises, Carnival calls its ships The Fun Ships, and there are a wide range of activities offered on board.
- If You Insist That Carnival Owns Other Lines…They don’t, Carnival Corporation does and they keep all of them separate, offering everything from Luxury to Fun and everything in-between.
- Friends Uniting Neighbors (F.U.N.) Team is an employee-driven service group that volunteers time and effort to support local charities and organizations.
- Casino Players Get The Best Deals – Often paying just port charges and taxes, Carnival values casino players and wants them on board, often giving away the cruise for the lowest rate of all. Hmm, I guess they don’t always win?
- But Military Members Get A Deal Too – Often the lowest price, during special promotions that low military rate can be shared with friends and family on the same sailing.
- Gives Away Millions – Beating a goal of raising three million dollars in three years, thanks to their guests, dedicated crews and generous travel partners, Carnival Cruise Lines is renewing their partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with the goal of raising $5 mi llion more over the next four years.
- Guests With Special Needs get the full Fun treatment on Carnival which has made substantial modifications to enhance your ability to move about their ships that feature Accessible Elevators at each elevator bank with tactile controls within reach of guests who use wheelchairs and audible signals for guest who are blind or with low vision.
- Carnival Gift Cards and E-Gift cards can be used on almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun. Gift card owners can check the balance of their cards online too.
- Hey, We Have A Destination Focus Too, Shut It Up You Guys – Destination-focus is a big deal these days with a number of cruise lines claiming to be king of the destinations. Guess what? Carnival has been going there for decades.
- Getting Married? Carnival has a complete department working on Shipboard Weddings, Destination Weddings, Renewal of Wedding vows and even a Honeymoon registry.
- Carnival Vacation Packages can add pre- or post-cruise hotel stays with transfers in London, Barcelona and Venice. Carnival also has low-cost transfers to and from other ports as well.
- One of the World’s Leading Cruise Lines – Carnival is a member of the Worlds Leading Cruise Lines which includes Costa Cruises, Seabourn, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line and Cunard Line. Also included are AIDA Cruises in Germany, Ibero Cruises in Spain, P&O Cruises in the United Kingdom and P&O Cruises in Australia.
- Customized Past Guest Offers are available to those who have sailed with Carnival in the past including an automatic two-category upgrade, refundable deposit subject to cancellation terms and no change fee.
- New Carnival FunShops offer a way to send gifts to someone sailing or yourself. Choose from Cruise Cash, beverages, food, desserts, flowers, gift sets and apparel.
- CarnivalShips Meet or Exceed Environmental Standards – Environmental conservation is not only essential to the cruise experience, it is vital to their business. Carnival has a vested interest in protecting our world’s marine and atmospheric resources for present and future generations. They do that by investing in new technologies that use energy more effectively and continuing to share best practices.
- They Guarantee The Fun – which is really saying something because we all define “fun” a bit differently. Still, have a lousy time right off the bat and they’ll give you your money back and fly you home. Who wants a sour face on the ship anyway? Get off!
This article is brought to you by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts