Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Mike: How nice that you were able to take your Mercury to the CAR SHOW!
How fast does that Mercury go on the Hwy?
I got caught up in watching the Olympics and haven’t made it to the grocery store. :emoticon 0110 tongueout: And now it started to rain lightly. I might just throw on a jacket and go in the rain.

I tried ONE more time to make homemade Mozzarella Cheese Balls early this morning. I even had milk from a local dairy I picked up last week.
WELL….. it failed big time AGAIN and a nice fresh gallon of milk is gone!
Sometimes you just have to accept that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
I wish a little old Italian lady lived in the neighborhood and could give me a demo lesson on how to make it work. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
I’ll have to stick to Nut Rolls! Ha ha.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Good Vibes Love GIF by Simian Reflux

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Dave, I can't remember the year of the Tbird. I think it might have been a 64 but not sure. I bought the Grand Marquis in 1985 and rode in it in t he antique car parade in 2010
Lee, I didn't explaing myself very well, I should have said I took my Grand Marquis to the antique parade in 2010. We have missed it the passed 2 years. I like to go to see if my oldThunderbird is in it. It was in it 3 years ago. I chatted a while with the person who bought it from me, he was/is a mater mechanic what ever that is.
I lost my pictures of both of the cars. :(
Bill, I wouldn't be suprised if the nerves in you heel are all tangled up.
K2, we are picking 2 or 3 cherry ot grape tomatoes every day. Fay hasn't picked any large one yet, I haven't seen aany of them turning red. I don't know how fast it will go. My son had it on the freeway and had it up to 90 once I think. It would go 80 just cruising. My grandson and his friends would all pile in it and cruise.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Hard to believe how much cooler it is today. At 2:30 pm and It is only 74 degrees in East Bridgewater, quite a drop from the high 80s we have had the past several days. Needless to say, the AC is off. Light showers are in the forecast.
Watching some of the Olympic coverage especially the swimming events. Do want to watch the latest episode of Tulsa King which I didn't get to see last night for some reason or another.
Looking forward to seeing the surgeon or his PA tomorrow. The visiting nurses who have been here almost daily report that things seem to be healing well and I do know that I am having much less pain and have not had to use many of the pain pills that I was given.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Oh goody, my day to spend 5 hours in Cleveland getting tests done and a consultation with the a doctor who MAY be able clean out a plugged vein in my leg. At least they scheduled all the tests and consultation for one time, and not needing me to make the hour and a half one way drive multiple times.

Bill; I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who watches "Tulsa King". Action drama, plus humor. Starring Sylvester Stallone.

Another question about the T-Bird you owned, Mike; Was it the sport car sized T-Bird before they enlarged them to be almost family sized cars?

Yes K2, watching the Olympics can be addictive. Sooo many different events. (Some that I can't understand how they became an event. Like break-dancing. That's a sport?) Sorry, but I can't remember what I used "Medi-Honey" for.

Lee; Keeping a car in a "climate-controlled-storage". Is that like a drive-in refrigerator? :) The other day we stopped to get gas at one of the stations owned by the oil company Kathi and I worked for. Many of which sell racing gas. VERY high octane. In pulls an older fella with his prized, 60's muscle-car and filled it up with that racing gas. That stuff is $7.50 a gallon. The car was in showroom condition.

Staying dry today, KC?

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
We had a good downpour here just before I got up. Maybe it was the sound of the rain that had me up extra early? That just meant that Ava and I were out extra early too.
I’ll have to try the instagram thing again Kathie. All I got was dots and stuff wandering all over the picture.
Safe travels and fingers crossed for a positive diagnosis today Dave. I reckon that garage likely was cooled in the heat of summer and kept warm in the winter.
Hoping you get some good news answers about your heel today Bill. Never seen, or heard, of Tulsa Kings.
I think that’s cool Mike. Being in the antique parade with a big old Grand Marquis. Were they ever used as police cars?
Hi Karen. Hope all is well in your corner of the hutch.
More rain and storms are forecast throughout the day. Our high could reach 100F. I’m not a fan of either weather event.
I’ll be online at about 9:30 hoping to secure a couple of spots in The Disney 5K that goes on February 25. This is going to be our last one for any number of reasons. One of which is the ever increasing entry fee! I think we’d skip this year if it weren’t for our friends from Edmonton who we did it with last year wanting to do it again.
Well, wish us luck that we get a spot. And I wish all of you safe travels, even if it’s just for groceries, and a fantastic day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-morning Wrabbits!
We got the same light showers very early this morning.
Right now I’m on the deck and there is a slight breeze and the humidity has fallen since this morning. Very nice!
80F and weather folks are calling for rain around 2:00 pm!
I made 24 Choc cupcakes and made homemade frosting early this morning.
I was planning on taking them to the bikers at the park later, but by the time they get back it might be raining! :eek: They might end up in the freezer for another day. If I leave them out on the counter Art will eat them like candy. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Karen: I hope you’re doing well over your way. Catching up after your company went home.

I’m watching the BIRDS in the yard and it’s like a airport runway and landing zone. I’ve had the following here this morning.
BlueJays, Cardinals, Finches, and the Orioles are back. And of course the Sparrows are always around. Along with the baby bunny and ducks. Keeps me on the alert foe sure.

Mike: We have Black-eyed Susans that are taking over parts of the yard.I like them because they’re blossoms last a long time.

092A9B21-06AD-4AB7-BBA6-71AA3B0DEF1E.jpeg

Dave: Hope you got some GOOD NEWS today. I know how much you want to have those leg veins working foe you. All the best.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
At the very least, you should leave some of those cupcakes out on the counter for Art when he returns from his ride.
Since we don't have any of those premium channels I am pleased when any of their programs show up on the network stations and only wish that more of them would be made available-
especially since there is so little new or interesting programming nowadays. So far I have really enjoyed the Stallone series.
PT session went very well today and another one is scheduled for Thursday morning. Will find out tomorrow , after I see the surgeon, what, if any, restrictions I will have and when I can drive again.
Slept a bit better last night but the pain in my heel caused me to get up around 1A.M. and move to my recliner in the living room where I was able to get about three hours of painless sleep. No pain since then so that is good.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
The Bikers DID get the CUPCAKES! It started to rain really hard when I was 1/2 way to the park and then it STOPPED! Whew. Some of the bikers were already gone, but the ones that were there enjoyed the Choc Cupcakes.
Then on the way home I stopped at the Physical Therapy place both Art and I went to and dropped off 10 leftover cupcakes to them. It was a perfect stop. My therapist had good news for me. He and and his wife are expecting a GIRL around Thanksgiving. And tonight they get the KEYS to the house they bought! FANTASTIC.... Baby & new house! Doesn't get much better than that. They haven't put their current home on the market yet, so they can change out some carpeting and do some painting and take their time moving in. Their current house, as everyone's, will sell really fast so it's good they are holding off and doing things to the new house.
So, it's been a busy morning.

Bill: Good to read that you got a little better sleep last night. Even if it was on the recliner.
Hope the doctor can figure out what the issue is with your heal pain.

Hope DAVE got some good news today too.

I'm off to FINALLY get that grocery shopping done.

Tonight is a light dinner. BLT's big time! Can't wait to see if I like the BACON I bought yesterday at Costco. It looked really nice and lean.

Later gang.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I missed ALL the various "showers" we had and managed to get in and out of the grocery store and missed them all!
Sure glad that job is done!

Talk about MAJOR HUMIDITY OUTSIDE right now! WOW.
Life Living GIF

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Running tired this morning.

One l o n g and tiring day we spent at a Cleveland hospital. (University Hospital on Euclid.) Left here a bit before 7, got all the tests in and a meeting with the vascular doctor and his conclusions, and got back here around 4:30. BEAT.

I can't remember the surgeon's name, so I've nicknamed him "The Professor". Not to his face, of course. Heck, this guy is the President of a heart and vascular institute and also a Professor of Medicine at a college. Impressive on paper and also in person.

Yes, unplugging the plugged up vein is possible, but a lot of the pain and weakness in my leg seems to also stem from a problem in my back and spine. So I've asked him for names of back doctors and podiatrists he'd recommend in our area.

Peachy......Now I need 3 docs to mix their talents to hopefully solve my problem and it's multiple causes.

Sorry that this is the only thing I'm talking about this morning.

But it's what's on my mind.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits!
Dang it’s early! :emoticon 0104 surprised:
Dave: That sure was a long :emoticon 0104 surprised:day! I think it’s good you’re looking to get the opinion of a back doctor and then make a decision as to what to do. Hope the referral will be equally as good as the “Professor”!
And I hope you use separate FOLDERS to hold all the paper work from each doctor you have. I find it very helpful doing that.

Art goes to get a back molar pulled this morning! Always Something.
It’s suppose to storm here today, and with that the humidity will only get worse. It’s as bad as Florida out there this morning if not worse. Only thing is I can’t walk to the Gulf and look for Sand Dollars and neat shells while the tide was out!

Later gang. Going to try and get some more sleep!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
WOW! A couple of extra early risers this morning.
Thank you for checking in with your updates Dave. And don’t you EVER apologize for letting us know how your day went. You know that we were all waiting to hear.
I do wonder though if “The Professor’s“ assistants looked like Mary-Anne or Ginger? My luck they’d look like Mrs. Howell. Or worse…Gilligan!
We had off and on rain yesterday too Kathie. It sure beat the heck out of our hibiscus bushes and the flowering tree in the other corner. I moved the front planters up under the portico. It’s supposed to feel like 104F here with thunder storms.
You are so right about TV programs Bill. It seems the networks are all finding a way to put their good shows on their premium streaming channels! We get the basic, bare minimum package our cable provider offers. We add a couple of streaming channels to that and call it done. How is that heel doing today? It sounds like somebody is itching to get back in the drivers seat.
It sounds like your tomatoes are ripening at an “on demand” pace Mike. Not too many ready at one time.
Good morning Karen! Sending a (((hug))) your way because I can.
Today I have part two of my Parkinson’s Care Partner study with the University of Western Ontario. Part one was a couple of months back. We do it on a zoom call. I find it interesting and am looking forward to seeing and speaking with Dr. Holmes, although he insists I call him Jeff, to see what the next phase of the study may be. Oh, yes, we did get registered for The Disney 5K. So did Pam and Steve.
Anyway, best get a move on. With the weather forecast and my meeting we’ll want to get Ava to The Navy Yard sooner rather than later this morning. But first, coffee.
You all have an excellent day!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning!

Dave, ditto what Lee said, NEVER, EVER apologize for venting about your day, we've all done it & will all most likely do it again! I am glad to hear there are options out there to possibly help with the leg issues!

Kathie, yesterday must have been baking day in the hutch! I made a batch of brownies yesterday for my swim/lunch today. They actually turned out pretty good, usually I bake them a bit to long, but not this time.

Bill, I will really be curious to hear what the Dr. has to say about the cause of your heal pain. It really does sound like a nerve got pinched or tangled up somehow. Hope you get a good report & can resume normal activities!

Lee, sorry to hear the heavy rains & storms beat down your pretty hibiscus. Now that you are registered for the Disney run it's time to get started on your outfits.

Mike, your comments about your old Thunderbird reminded me of my bil who had an old black thunderbird that was his pride & joy, he called it his Thunder Chicken, we bought him a license plate for the front of it for Christmas that said ThunderChicken on it, he was so sad when that car bit the dust, but he kept the plate for a souvenir.

I'm still game if you guys try to arrange a meet up! For me it would be great if it was in Oct. after Allies birthday since I will already be in the NE, but I have credits on Southwest so if you pick a different time that works too!

Rev. Lisa is finally back from vacation, so we have church again today. After church Pam & my sisters are coming over to swim. I've made egg salad, and bought chips, strawberries, cherries & pineapple. And yummy brownies for dessert.
Got a call from the dermatologist yesterday & the 2nd biopsy from my back was clear, so no more cutting is needed there.
Yesterday was the 1st day in ages there was a bit of coolness in the air, humidity was down a tad and it was actually pleasant riding with the windows down. That lasted till about noon and then it was hot as blazes again. Oh well, a few more weeks and we should start seeing a little cooler.
Have a super day all!!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: So nice to hear from you!
Brownies just sit in the oven trying to tempt you to “Over-Bake them”. I’ve learned a long time ago to ignore them and TAKE THE PAN OUT EARLY! Hope you ha e a fun lunch/swim party at the pool club.

And I think Oct would be a great time to try and get together. Cooler and better for driving. We’ll have to work hard on finding a place that will be good for everyone. ( Lee…start scoping out Drury Inn’s so Ava can come!)

I’m out on the deck having coffee and watching the BlueJays come by the feeder for the peanuts. They sure are quick.

Art went to get his back tooth pulled! OUCH!

Out of here for now. I want to wash the kitchen floor while Art is gone.

Lee pay attention to your online class. There might be a pop up test!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Summer Melting GIF by ZeTrystan
HEAT ALERT! It's 99 F on our thermostat here in PURE HOT Michigan.
Who knows what the Heat Index is. Nobody outside.... just too hot to move.

Suppose to get STORMS here later this evening. o_O

Take care everyone!

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Lee, I think Ohio used the Grand Marquis as police cars. They were a very comfortable car to drive.
K2 we used to have black eyes susans in our yard. I think they came up from the seeds they dropped. that one of Fay's favorite. how is Art feeling?
Dave, from what I understand back problems can lead to a host of other problems. Hope you find out soon what is causing your problems.
Karen , I hated it when I sold my Grand Marquis but it was sitting outside and not driven very much.
Hope your visit to the surgeon went well Bill.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Mike: Art is doing really good. He’s on Penicillin and a 6 day Steroid pack for swelling. He said his jaw was a little sore from all the work done on getting the tooth out. It’s been there since he was most likely about 12 yrs old.

It’s still so HOT and MUGGY outside at 1:00 am.
I opened the back slider door and it smelled like a muggy humid hot swamp outside. Yuk!
Fire-Flies were everywhere.
A small “selfresh prayer will be said tonight asking that our A/C doesn’t stop running, I’d be driving to a motel ASAP. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Jill picked up her new leased Hybrid Ford truck. It’s got a bigger engine than her last truck. Nice Charcoal shiny color. She got the Black Apperance Pkg on the wheels ans window trim, etc. Looks really classy. But it’s huge at the same time.
95D87C89-8300-4F92-9EA1-D8BDF165EBCD.jpeg7AFA4B65-B594-47EB-89B9-730453F45D3E.jpeg

Nite all.