The Duck Crew - 18 Apr 2013 - We Take on Hawai'i - QUACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
80 Weeks
until we sail for
Paradise in the Pacific,
our Circle Hawai'i
cruise aboard HAL Zaandam.

Oahu
Carnival_Hawaii-07.jpg

Zaandam_HNL_Pali3.jpg

Maui
Zaandam_LahainaWhale3-1.jpg

Lahaina_Lele1.jpg

Big Island
Zaandam_HiloMcKenzieStatePark1.jpg

hawaii-kilauea-volcano.jpg

Kauai
2511648135_3a94295baf.jpg

Welcome aboard HAL Zaandam's
17-night Circle Hawai'i cruise
departing Vancouver 18 April 2013.

Aloha nui loa,
Mele Ana
(Mary Ann in Hawai'ian)​

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered

This is the Byodo-In Buddhist temple in the gorgeous and serene Valley of the Temples on Oahu. It's a replica of the 900+ year old temple of the same name in Japan.

GloBug

Senior Flea Coller Tester
Oh Mary Ann, what a lovely place. I googled the Valley of the Temples and explored this website. So serene and peaceful. Thank you for this e-adventure! Is this a place that would be possible to visit on our cruise?

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Very definitely, Glo, especially since we have two days in Honolulu. Depending on traffic, it's about an hour's drive from Honolulu on the "other" side of the island. I can't remember seeing this on a ship's tour, but it's a pleasant drive if you rent a car.

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Friends of mine who live in Honolulu have offered to host a party at their condo for our group the night we overnight in Honolulu. We'll see how everyone's schedule works out closer in to departure...but the gracious offer is there - the "Spirit of Aloha".

JacquieP

Staff Captain
What a wonderful opportunity. I would love to accept your friends' generous offer. I think I'll make it a priority on my schedule!

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation
Calgon and SunFlower RSVP in the affirmative!

Quite a chance you're taking Mele Ana. After meeting the ducks, their relationship with you may be changed forever ...

GloBug

Only one duck might be responsible for that.

Gordon and I would be very pleased to accept that gracious invite.

JacquieP

Staff Captain
.....and they're STILL offering to have a party? We should be okay though, with Pat, Glo, AND Mama Duck keeping Calgon in line. QUACK

GloBug

Calgon spent last weekend with us. I found that this was the best way to convince him to hold a conversation with us, because he's so quiet, you know?

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Another little bit of nostalgia...

A hula that I learned early on, and a well-known song, is Lovely Hula Hands. I'm posting two YouTube versions - children dancing the Lovely Hula Hands hula, and an instrumental version.

In hula, the story is told by the hands, and I love to watch the graceful hands of the dancers ... I know men tend to watch other parts of the body.:whistle:

I hope you'll enjoy!

Lovely Hula Hands @ Hulihe'e Palace - YouTube

Bud Tutmarc - Lovely Hula Hands - YouTube

GloBug

How absolutely mesmerizing to watch those young girls performing. Very lovely share, Mele Ana. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.