The Duck Crew - 18 Apr 2013 - We Take on Hawai'i - QUACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloBug

Senior Flea Coller Tester
Thank you, Jeanie. Pucci is VERRRRRRRRRRRRY mellow and sits through these photo ops like a little trooper. Actually, the shirt served a very useful purpose a year or two ago. He had a benign lump removed from around his breastbone. Instead of having to use an Elizabethan collar, I put this shirt on him to protect the incision. Worked like a charm and his incision healed quickly and comfortably.

I did something like this when Kiefer was a puppy. He tore his toenail off and had to have his foot wrapped. I didn't want him to chew on the wraps, so I slipped a baby sock on his foot. He never bothered it, and healed up quickly.

Kiefer is very mellow too, which allows me to take those really silly pics I love to use on my avatars and xmas cards. LOL!

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Glo - is that Kiefer in your current avatar? ducking

Jeanie - good luck getting Jersey to sit still! The glasses Pucci is wearing are called "Doggles". Perhaps either you or Rick can stay next to Jersey while the other takes the photo - or, at least, start that way?

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
For anyone interested, note that we now have our own countdown clock.

Mahalo - thank you - to our talented Elf!

Please PM me or email me if you want it but are having trouble adding it to your signature.

Last edited:

GloBug

I ran to the store after work, and noticed a table set up with items for sale to benefit Marines. Look what they had for sale! Well, not for sale. A donation was suggested.

photo-100.jpg

The suggested donation for Duckies was $2 each or 3 for $5. I got one that reminds me of me, one that reminds me of Gordon and one that reminds me of... well, who does the middle one remind you of? :whistle:

photo-101.jpg

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Some of those duckies look VERY familiar! In fact, there are quite a few of them on Veendam right now. The princess ones were bringing a premium down in the spa!!!!

GloBug

The dog and cat duckies were cute, but they didn't have any german shepherd duckies, poodle duckies or pitt duckies. Darn!

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
It dawned on me after I placed the order that we're sailing from Vancouver - can't ship these goodies across the border without paying humongous customs/duties. I'll figure something out......

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
I've been trying to think of a way to pass Kiefer off as a service dog....

I haven't checked recently, but dogs are quarantined entering into Hawai'i. But then, we could always argue that our canine furbabies aren't dogs, they're hirsute children! :whistle:

GloBug

We are out of luck, Mary Ann... :( No Hawai'i trip for either of our babies...

Guide and Service Dogs
THE HONOLULU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ON THE ISLAND OF OAHU IS THE ONLY PORT OF ENTRY FOR ALL DOGS AND CATS ENTERING HAWAII. THIS INCLUDES GUIDE DOGS AND SERVICE DOGS.

GloBug

It dawned on me after I placed the order that we're sailing from Vancouver - can't ship these goodies across the border without paying humongous customs/duties. I'll figure something out......

Gordon's talking about taking the train again, so maybe...

or is there a place in Canada you can order from???

Status
Not open for further replies.