MSC Cruises took the next step in its ongoing U.S. expansion today by revealing plans for a record five ships to sail from American homeports in the region by the end of 2023. The world’s third largest and fastest-growing cruise brand will broaden its range of itineraries in the Caribbean, The Bahamas, Bermuda, the Northeast and Canada beginning with the Winter 2023-2024 season.
Expanding U.S. Presence
The new MSC Seascape will lead the way with Eastern and Western Caribbean 7-night cruises following her inaugural voyage from PortMiami later this year. She will be joined in Miami by MSC Divina, which will offer everything from 3-night cruises to The Bahamas to 11-night journeys through Central and South America. MSC Magnifica will join the U.S. fleet and sail short cruises to The Bahamas and Key West.
MSC Seashore will sail from Port Canaveral with a mix of short cruises to The Bahamas and 7-night Western Caribbean sailings. This will be the first time one of MSC Cruises’ groundbreaking Seaside EVO ships sails from Port Canaveral, and it will provide the first chance for fans of shorter cruises to enjoy MSC Seashore’s impressive range of amenities.
From New York, MSC Meraviglia will sail to Bermuda, Florida and The Bahamas after completing her inaugural summer season in the Northeast with a series of voyages to both Florida and the Bahamas, and to Canada and New England. Like every ship in the cruise line’s U.S. fleet, her trips to The Bahamas will include stops at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve—the company’s breathtaking island destination focused on sustainability.
Largest-Ever U.S Presence With Five Ships
Rubén A. Rodríguez, President, MSC Cruises USA, said: “Bringing more ships to the U.S. allows us to offer a wide variety of itineraries, adding new destinations and providing more opportunities for travelers to discover our unique international flavor. It’s especially exciting to know how many of those guests will experience Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and see firsthand how we’ve embraced the island’s natural beauty, and how committed we are to sustainability. Caring for the ocean and showing our guests the true extent of its wonders drives everything we do at MSC Cruises.”
- MSC Seascape – AVAILABLE NOW – Offering 2 different 7-night itineraries from PortMiami:
- MSC Divina – AVAILABLE SOON – Sailing from PortMiami:
- 3 nights: Calling at Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- 7 nights: Calling at various combinations of Isla de Roatan (Honduras), Belize City (Belize), Costa Maya and Cozumel (Mexico), George Town (Cayman Islands), Ocho Rios (Jamaica), Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)11 nights: Destinations include Montego Bay (Jamaica), Cartagena (Colombia), Puerto Limon (Costa Rica), Isla de Roatan (Honduras), Oranjestad (Aruba), Cozumel (Mexico), Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- MSC Magnifica – AVAILABLE SOON – Sailing short cruises from PortMiami:
- 3 to 4 nights: Calling at either Nassau (The Bahamas) or Key West (Florida), plus Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- 7-night Christmas cruise: Calling at Ocho Rios (Jamaica, Christmas Day), George Town (Cayman Islands), Cozumel (Mexico), Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- 7-night New Year’s Cruise: At Sea (New Year’s Eve), Isla de Roatan (Honduras, New Year’s Day), Belize City (Belize), Costa Maya (Mexico), Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- MSC Seashore – AVAILABLE NOW – Sailing from Port Canaveral with a range of options:
- Short cruises of 2 to 4 nights: Calling at Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- 5-night Western Caribbean: Calling at Costa Maya (Mexico), Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- 6-night Western Caribbean: Calling at Cozumel and Costa Maya (Mexico), Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- 7-night Western Caribbean: Calling at various combinations of Belize City (Belize), Cozumel and Costa Maya (Mexico), Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (The Bahamas)
- MSC Meraviglia – AVAILABLE NOW – Sailing from Brooklyn, New York to Bermuda, or Florida and The Bahamas:
Who is MSC Cruises?
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise brand as well as the leader in Europe, South America, the Gulf region and Southern Africa, with more market share in addition to deployed capacity than any other player. It is also the fastest growing global cruise brand with a strong presence in the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is one of the two brands that sit within the Cruise Division of MSC Group, the leading privately held Swiss-based shipping and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the contemporary brand – has a modern fleet of 19 vessels combined with a sizeable future global investment portfolio of new vessels.
MSC Cruises Growing Fleet
The MSC Cruises fleet is projected to grow to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with options for six more vessel orders in place through 2030.
MSC Cruises offers its guests an enriching, immersive and safe cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage, where they can enjoy international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programs, and the very latest user-friendly technology on board. To learn more about MSC Cruises’ itineraries and experience on board its ships, click here.
Finally, to learn more about the MSC Foundation, MSC Group’s own vehicle to lead, focus and advance its conservation, humanitarian and cultural commitments, click here.
SOURCE MSC Cruises