America’s first premium river cruise line, French America Line, will introduce boutique U.S. river experiences with the August launch of the intimate 75-stateroom Louisiane.
Brimming with romantic joie de vivre from her home port of New Orleans, the stylishly appointed riverboat is fresh from a multi-million dollar refurbishment.
Inaugural sailings for a maximum of 150 guests with an attentive U.S. crew of 64 will begin August 22. The elegant ship celebrates regional food, music, and history during cruise tours of five to 10 days, visiting places where larger riverboats cannot navigate along the Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee, Cumberland and Red rivers, and the Intracoastal waterways of the Gulf Coast.
“We wanted Louisiane to embody superb river experiences, including exploring many traditions that were influenced by la belle France during the early colonization of America. It’s a wonderful narrative and quite unique compared to what is currently offered,” said Christopher Kyte, Chairman, French America Line.
“To set a new standard on U.S. waterways, we’ve orchestrated an unprecedented array of onboard services and amenities of the caliber enjoyed aboard luxury European river cruises. Our experiential hallmarks are refined French, Southern, and continental Southern food by award-winning Chef de Cuisine Regina Charboneau; daily expertly guided shore experiences enhanced with engaging talks by onboard Illuminators, and nightly best-of-America entertainment,” said Tom Markwell, President, French America Line.
Louisiane signatures include:
- Virtually all-inclusive pricing, including all chef-designed meals, free-flowing hand-selected beverages, spirits and wines; one-night pre-cruise deluxe hotel stay with breakfast; daily Traveler Collection shore excursions; complimentary WiFi
- 75 inviting suites and staterooms, all with plush amenities and many with verandas or French balconies
- Two open seating dining venues, 24-hour in-room dining
- Three lounges, complimentary nightly entertainment
- Expert onboard illuminators offering enriching talks and chats
- Bicycles, helmets and maps for private shore explorations
- Onboard full service Currents Spa and healthy menu choices at every meal
- Optional Curator Collection private shore experiences and pre- and post-cruise extension add-ons
To reserve or learn more, visit www.frenchamericaline.com or call 1-888-387-1140.