With strong demand for Viking’s new Mississippi river cruises, Viking has released a new itinerary for its maiden season – Mississippi Holiday Season.
Setting sail in December 2022, the new 8-day itinerary will explore destinations between New Orleans and Memphis. In addition to Christmas light displays, Cajun cuisine and historic ports of call, guests will enjoy exclusive Privileged Access to Graceland. During this special excursion to Elvis Presley’s iconic mansion, guests will experience a private, after-hours visit including a tour of the mansion and the complex’s connecting venues and exhibits – Presley Cycles, Archives Experience, Private Presley: Elvis in the Army Exhibit, Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, and more.
This week, Viking.TV will celebrate the highly anticipated Mississippi cruises with a week of new content exploring the iconic river.
On Tuesday, September 29 (11am PT/2pm ET), join a livestream with Richard Riveire to discover the inspiration and design details for Viking’s first custom vessel, Viking Mississippi, debuting in August 2022.
Mississippi Week on Viking.TV starting September 28:
Each livestream begins each day at 11am PST / 2pm EST. Content is also taped and available to view the following day on Viking.TV.
- Monday, September 28 – Start the week with a tour of Iowa’s Vesterheim Museum, the national Norwegian-American museum and heritage center. The museum showcases the most extensive collection of Norwegian-American artifacts in the world, with over 33,000 artifacts, 12 historic buildings, a Folk Art School, library and archives
- Tuesday, September 29 – Join Richard Riveire as he shares the design and inspiration behind what will be the most modern ship on the Mississippi, Viking Mississippi. Learn about the design, creative process, what’s new for Viking’s highly anticipated river vessel and more.
- Wednesday, September 30 – Viewers will be treated to a jazz concert performed by the New Orleans All-Stars at the New Orleans Jazz Museum. Following the performance, trumpeter and band leader, Wendell Brunious will answer questions during a live Q&A.
- Thursday, October 1 – Anne Diamond is back to interview best-selling author and frequent lecturer, Paul Schneider. Paul’s book, Old Man River, is an exploration of America’s great waterway including the Mississippi River’s origins to present day.
- Friday, October 2 – At Home…at Houmas House. Louisiana is famous for its Cajun cuisine and during this Friday’s session, you will be able to tune in for a cooking demonstration.
- Saturday, October 3 – Mind and body with Mona Therese
- Sunday, October 4 – Sissel Sundays – Sissel will explore the theme of “Complicated Love” and perform “I Don’t Know How To Love Him,” “Walk Away” and “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight.”
Hosting 386 guests in 193 all outside staterooms, the new state-of-the-art Viking Mississippi is inspired by Viking’s award-winning river and ocean ships and will feature clean Scandinavian design, as well as public spaces that are familiar to guests but that have been reimagined for Mississippi River voyages.
Purpose-built for the Mississippi and currently under construction in Louisiana, the five-deck ship’s cutting-edge design, expansive windows, and comfortable amenities will make it the largest and most modern cruise ship in the region.
Solar panels, LED lighting, floor-to-ceiling windows that maximize natural light and an energy-efficient hybrid propulsion system will make Viking Mississippi the most environmentally friendly passenger ship on the Mississippi River.
Viking Inclusive Value
Every Mississippi River cruise fare includes everything guests need, with no surprises or hidden fees. Cruise fares include one complimentary shore excursion in each port of call, all onboard meals, and all port charges and government taxes. Guests also enjoy many complimentary amenities as part of their fare, including beer and wine with lunch and dinner service, lectures, alternative dining at no extra charge, self-service launderettes, 24-hour room service, and free Wi-Fi.