Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
GREAT picture Mike! Who could those two handsome fellas be? They look like a couple of movie stars to me. Funny, i wore that same jacket yesterday.

Any ice is bad ice....unless it's in my drink. Starting at "drive time", (that time when many people head off to work this morning), there's a good chance in many areas around here of getting freezing rain. Roads could become dangerous skating rinks. Boy am I glad to be retired.

Here's an oddball event that'll be happening here on April 8th around 3 in the afternoon. There's a sliver of Ohio that will have a total solar
eclipse causing the day to turn dark for about 3 minutes. And the Cleveland area is in that sliver. One of those once in a lifetime events. Even if it's cloudy that day, you'll know it when it happens.

So how do I know this? TV news stories saying how hotel rooms are being snatched up now for the event.

Sounds like, in spite of the cold, you are already having a grand time in Florida, Lee. Nothing better than a good fireworks display.

Time to wakey-wakey, Aunty K2. Today's text may be coming in shortly. I'm so pleased to hear that you are keeping up with your physical therapy. It pays off. Any new routines that have been added?

Hi to the rest of you bunnies.

Yup, time for an ice cream cone before I go back to bed.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Agreed Dave. Unless it’s in a beverage there’s no such thing as good ice. Well, maybe ice cream… They were calling for the same at home. Ice on the roads that is. Hopefully it has spared Kathie‘s area.
The past few mornings here have been between 34 and 38F to start the day. This morning we were at 60F already. No salters on these roads.
On tap for today is a trip back to The Springs. From there we’ll catch the little boat up to Disney’s Port Orleans and Riverside so our guests can see another side of WDW properties. They were wide eyed seeing The Poly and Grand Floridian. Doug even got a hug from Chip (of Chip and Dale). For a brief moment he was 10 years old. :) We took them to Celebration late yesterday afternoon for a late lunch / early dinner at Columbia.
I have to admit that it was hard to drive past the hospital in Celebration without thinking of our Momma Bunny.
I reckon a cup of coffee is in order.
Back later to bore you with more tales from this tour guide.
If you’re out and about, wherever you are, be safe!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
santa claus office christmas GIF by The Elves!
Getting Rain/Snow mix! Just hope the temps doesn’t drop and totally freeze this slush on the roads!
We will be staying inside all day! One time being RETIRED pays off!

Lee: Love that you are just fantastic hosts showing your friends all over The Springs and a special trip to the Colombian Restaurant. :clap002:
Love that you thought of Mama Bear when in and around Celebration! . :emoticon 0152 heart:
So good to read that you started out at 60’s for your morning walk with Ava. FINALLY! Enjoy.

Negc: We need a report on your cruise! You and Rita need to rest up and just enjoy your stay in Florida now.

Dave: No 6:00 am wake up message this morning. Whew!
I was up getting a cup of warm milk at 6:15 am. Just couldn’t sleep.

I guess I should have had an Ice Cream cone instead! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Just too early and cold for me!

You all have a nice day.
Hello to Karen if you’re reading along! Miss you. :emoticon 0115 inlove:

Later gang.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well the temp is supposed to get to 76 today, it is already 72.

Don't have any plans for today.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
A late good morning. It was 44 when I got up at 7 this morning and now is up t 68, which i am sure is the high for the day. And it is windy so the feels like is lower. This Florida girl had to turn the heat up while in the shower but it is back do
K2 $150 for parking is way to high, but am sure they will get a bunch parking anyway.

I saw on Facebook what the buffet on the Icon of the Sea was like yesterday. They had a bunch of different kinds of crab and other high end items. Of course it won't be like that for regular cruises. One thing I did not like was there were no signs as to what was what and I am picky so I don't know what I would eat.

Not sure what today will bring for us.

All have a great day.

All have a great day.

The pictures might not have shown them but there were signs identifying every food item and there were a number of stations for seafood, breads and rolls, salads, meat carvings, etc. in the Windjammer buffet. There were also a number of other spots where you could get various types of food at no additional cost. One of our favorites was the Aquadome market which had a creperie, and food stalls where you could get bowls of things like
Mac & cheese, rice and spring rolls and Chinese food, sandwiches like Monte Cristo's and other specialty sandwiches, and one called Feta with Greek food. In addition to the Park Cafe in Central Park, there is the Pearl Cafe which is open 24/7 and a number of other spots throughout the ship. No one should go hungry on this ship.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
We are back in Vero after a terrific three nights on Royal Caribbean's newest ship, Icon of the Seas. We were up and off the ship and in our car by 7:34 am and after a stop at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast, we were in the door by Noon.
So much to love about this ship and while we were sailing at less than full capacity, I think that even, when full, it should
rarely feel crowded. All of the various lounges andth public spots are so spacious and the Royal Promenade is very wide. The new elevator system is very impressive with large elevator lobbies forward and aft with, if I counted correctly 12 elevators in each of the two lobbies. There are several touchpads in the lobbies and you touch the number of the deck where you want to go, and the screen tells you which elevator to go to. Once it arrives and you board the elevator it will take you that floor without your needing to touch any buttons. (Should frustrate those kids who always like to get on the elevators and push all the buttons).
Need some time to decompress but will try to get back on later.

A’Burg Guy

Hey Bill! As they say here in the Land O The Mouse, welcome home.
A great initial report which has me wanting to hear more.
My gosh Kathie, it sounds like a less than delightful day weather wise up your way. Please be careful, all of you, if you’re out and about.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill/Rita: Great Part 1 of your Icon cruise review. I can feel the excitement from a great 3 days. Can’t wait to hear more !
Glad you got off the ship with no issues. Now REST UP and enjoy yourselves.

Lee: It was rather dreary and we had a MISTY LIGHT rain through the afternoon. The sleet was early in the morning and didn’t cause all the grief the weather people were shouting out to everyone.
More rain on Wednesday.
We had no appts or any need to go outside today !

Hope you and Lu-Ann & company had a good day.

Nite all.

Last edited:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
We use to have "Tours by Eddie". Our new and improved version seems to be "Tours by Lee". As a tour guide do you wear a uniform and cap, and have a name tag on your shirt? Sure hope the "tourists" tipped you well. :)

Hope you slept better last night, K2. Raring to get to your physical therapy? Our turn today and tomorrow for a soggy-doggy day. At least it'll be in the 40's and near 50. Pretty picture of the ship.

There were 2 posts under your name yesterday, Bill. My reading tells me that one was from Rita and the second one was from you. Thanks for your observations of the Icon. I think I'd like that improved elevator system.

Thinking of you KC.

A’Burg Guy

A quick good morning to everyone.
Ava and I saw our first early morning armadillo this trip. I guess it’s finally warm enough for them to come out.
I carry a flag on a stick so my tour group can follow me Dave.
I seem to have “lost” my reservation for lunch at Sanaa in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I’ll have to ring them first thing to see what’s happened!
I guess the weather folks would rather really prepare people for lots of ice and just get a little Kathie.
Not much else at this early hour.
Everyone stay out of trouble!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It is going to be another beautiful day here. Already 76 and supposed to get to 80. I will take that.

I will be working on the Lego Parrot that I bought. It can also be made into a frog and fish. If I am happy with the Parrot I may buy 2 more so I can make the others too.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: Enjoy the your “Drippy Day”! At least it will clean up most of the snow! :D
PT is at home today!

Lee: I still remember when I made up a Neon Green shirt for Eddie! It said Tours by Eddie and he even put it on when you have Art & Myself the BEST EVER your of New York City. That was one of our best mini vacations. Right up there with meeting up with a lot of Bunnies in British Columbia when they were going to Alaska! Great memories.
W. D. World should really hire you for “Tours” while you’re in town!

Negc: You guys sleeping in this morning?? If you miss the ship you can always go down by the community pool and pretend you are still on the cruise. Just bring your drinks with you. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Okay, I’m out of here for now!
I need to clean up the dust/bunnies in this Hutch.

Have a good day. Just do it!

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Did sleep in late but not a lot on todahy's calendar so a late start won't cause any problems.
Windy as what has become usual, but a bit warmer than when we left last week.
Speaking of wind, it was very windy out at sea and even windier when we were on Coco Cay which made it feel a lot chillier than what the thermometer said.
Time for a cup of coffee and some breakfast, late though it may be.

A’Burg Guy

An interesting comment about the wind at sea Bill. With the size of Icon I imagine she would really have a lot of surface area to move her about if the prevailing wind were from the right angles. Has the cabin steward picked up your towels yet?
Today’s tour took place at Kadani Lodge and Jambo House in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. We enjoyed a leisurely African lunch between viewing the animals roaming the “Savannah” around both complexes.
IMG_6805.jpeg
You all have a great evening

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well I got the parrot put together and while moving the table I guess I moved too quick and the parrot went flying off and all apart. I am down to putting the wings and the head back on and it is not going well. Will try again tomorrow. It really was easy to put together so I have ordered 2 more.

Seeing the photo from Disney Animal Kingdom make me think of the photos a very good friends daughter is posting from their week in Kenya. Amber has a very nice 35 mm digital camera and now that they are home she is posting some of the 4000 photos she took. Between her eye and the camera her photos could pass for a professional's.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: “Great picture”. Giraffes happen to be my favorite zoo animal.
By the way as soon as your “guests” leave you can go outside and SHOUT: We’re going to DISNEY WORLD! HA HA!

Tired Good Night GIF by Muffin & Nuts

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
As you say K2, "ALWAYS SOMETHING". It seems that lately something is always breaking down around the house. At the moment, we've got no hot water. Not time for a new hot water heater, because it just needs a little part to fix it. BUT, no local store or plumber has that part in stock.

BUT our nephew/contractor should be receiving that part some time today from Amazon.

Until it comes in, Kathi's shower yesterday morning was the last of our hot water.

So Lee, how did Ava react to the armadillo? Come to think of it, how did the armadillo react to Ava. I would love to see a giraffe live and up close. They show so much grace when they run, but always seem so awkward when standing & strolling about.

Any chance you could get Art to join you in your physical therapy at home, K2? It would be good for both of you and possibly a way to motivate each other.

Happy to hear that your home away from home is warming up, Bill.

It would warm us all up hearing from you, KC.

Anything on your agenda today Mike. Not much on mine other than milling around smartly. This morning Kathi is taking Jack, the weaner-dog, to the Vet for a couple of vaccinations to keep him up to date. Our groomer is a stickler about making sure that dogs be up to date on their shots.