Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Where did everyone go? I can't believe that the post above this is the last one in the past 24 hours.
Had more sleep last night than I have had in months. Took a couple of Tylenol PM's before going to bed and they really worked, perhaps better than I wanted but I am now wide awake.
As Nancy mentioned it is supposed to hit 80 degrees today (actually it is 81 now, at about 2pm) but after tomorrow they are claiming that we will be having below average
temperatures for the next two weeks. And some folks still claim that climate change is a hoax.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Check again there Bill. Dave was on at 3:08 this morning while up getting an ice cream cone (I am guessing) and a couple of other posts this morning before your two!
Maybe your computer, like Dave’s, is possessed too.:happyhn:
Nice that you were able to have a really good sleep.

Mike Elias

Able Seaman
Our younger daughter came in this AM and stayed for a few hours. She lives about an hour away. She tries to come once a week. Our son lives an hour away, here every 5 or 6 weeks or whenever we need him. Dave, I have been keeping him busy with my computer problems and he does a great job of taking care of the problems. Our oldest daughter stops by 2 or 3 time a week on her way home from work. We have been in need of the 3 of them the past month, Fay got congested heart failure Dec. 27, came home from the hospital Jan. 19 and is in good health. Our 3 had been baby (old man) sitting a little for me. Things are getting back to normal now. Bill, Fay lost a hearing aid at the hospital but we both need new ones. Thanks for the welcome baack.
We have been getting a lot or rain but it isn't too cold. I am still waiting for summer.
Enjoy the rest of the week end.

A’Burg Guy

Good to know that you have helping hands close by Mike. Equally good to know that Fay is on the mend too.
Somewhere I have a picture of everyone when we all met up in Toledo. I’ll try to find it when we get home and post it here.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Now where was I before this computer decided to sleep in yesterday?

Oh yea....The water heater is functioning now and the storm door will open and close properly. The repair parts were actually more expensive for the storm/screen door than for the heater. When we were hit with 50 to 60 MPH wind gusts, it beat the crap out of that door when it was sucked open.

You are so right Mike that good relatives and good friends sure come in handy when we need help.

I'm not sure Bill, but I think that hearing aid manufacturers probably frown upon cleaning your hearing aid in the washer & dryer. :)

You're a wine drinker Lee. Have you ever heard of "Ice Wine"? I haven't. Until they had a news story on it. Surprisingly to many people, Ohio has quite a few wineries. And just a bit ago they started picking the grapes for this year's Ice-Wine harvest. As winter approaches they leave the grapes on the vine. It seems that the repeated ups and downs of temperature makes the wine very sweet. Plus the grapes have to go below freezing for a certain amount of time.

Suppose to be quite tasty.

K2, I
believe that all us Bunnies are rooting for the Detroit Lions in tonight's game.

A’Burg Guy

I’m rooting for Kathie’s Lions for sure. It’s been a long time coming for their fans.
Ice wine is WAY TOO SWEET, kinda like you Dave :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: . It is considered a dessert wine. Many of the wineries in The Niagara area make ice wine. As you said, there are a combination of things that have to happen to make it perfect.
Be glad that your nephew is able to do the work for you. I’m sure he gives you the family discount on the normal parts and labour mark up. And I’m pretty sure, knowing you, that you pay more than the amount on the bill.
Oh look. Coffee time.
I’ll be back to see how everyone is doing later on.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
GOODNESS……I just spent the last 1/2 hour posting a nice post and it’s in cyber space now. LOST IT. I’m on the NotePad gizmo and forgot to LOG IN before posting to this Cruise Addicts site and whenI went to log in my post was gone. IT HAPPENS ….. AND I SHOULD KNOW BETTER WHEN USING THIS GIZMO.

CHEER FOR THE LIONS PLEASE. I’ll be back later.
Jill and gang are coming over for a “Wellness check”. Now doesn’t that make me feel older than dirt! HaHa.

200.gif

A’Burg Guy

IMG_1144.gif
Has anyone seen Kathie’s post?
I’m sure that you and Art will amaze Jill with how well you both are. :emoticon 0152 heart:

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
I had ice wine several years ago when I was still working so I think it was during a trip to Quebec or one of the other provinces. I'm not much of a oenologist, if that is the correct term, and aside from an occasional Moscato, I am more of a Bud or Amstel Light person.
I'm sure that you are right about hearing aid companies' feelings about running their hearing aids through the wash and dry cycles, but, by golly, it worked and I am once again open to the world of the hearing.
Glad to hear that your kids are reasonably close by and can stop in to see you and help out as needed, Mike. Our son and daughter both live fairly close to us and we would likely be lost without their assistance when we need it.
Good luck to both the Lions and the Bills in their quest for the Super Bowl trophy.
Did you watch this morning's CBS Sunday Morning show yet, Dave?
The entire program was a wonderful tribute to the late Charles Osgood and brought back many fond memories of him and his reports.
Looking out at very dark clouds so I expect we will be seeing some rain before the afternoon is over. In the meantime there will be a football game to watch. Rich and Dianne will be coming over to watch the game with us.
If anyone
sees Kathie's post, please report it to the BMP (Bureau of Missing Posts).

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Had some bad news yesterday. A former choir member and Detroit Serb passed away from Alzheimer’s in the Chicago church group. May she now RIP. Our families have know each other from the time our grandparents came here from Serbia. Decades ago. She was 63. One of her sisters passed from the same ugly disease.

Then we had another fella in the Akron, Ohio Serb choir that is now in Hospice for advanced Lung Cancer. He is a composer and all our choirs throughout the US have sung some of his compositions.
A double hit for a lot of us.

Sorry to chat about this sad news to you folks, but sometimes it helps. Thanks for reading along.

You all have a good evening.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
And since life goes on we need to do just that.
200.gif

Looks like Kansas is going to the Super Bowl!

Had a great visit from the kids and of Manny ! I made a Texas Choc Sheet Cake early this morning and we had I after lunch. Manny is one crazy dog. Always a welcomed guest!

Out of here. MSG the best team win tonight! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

A’Burg Guy

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Kathie. Alzheimer’s just sucks. There is no polite way to put it. Hopefully the gentleman in Akron doesn’t suffer too much from that damned cancer. (((HUGS))) headed your way.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
The Detroit Lions LOST TONIGHT. :eek: By 3 points. The had the lead by 17 points all the way through to half-time and then got a bad call in from the Coach. And then it started to get crazy. I’m still proud of the team and coach. They did a lot of good for the city and businesses.

Appt with the knee surgeon in the mid morning. Then we MUST go to the grocery store for milk, eggs and a few other things.

You all have a good sleep and Monday morning.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
There was never a doubt about the Detroit Lion's winning, K2. They had it in the bag. THEN the second half of the game began. NUTS!!!

Two terrible and ugly diseases, Alzheimer's & Cancer. Horrible for the patient, family and friends as it develops.

"WAY TOO SWEET, kinda like you Dave" Boy do you Canadians know how to shovel it, Lee. But you are right about our nephew/contractor giving us a reduced rate on things and also that I normally give him more than he asks for. There's a total trust between us so there's never any estimates or paperwork. I just ask him for something to be done and he does it.

No Bill, I haven't yet watched Sunday's "CBS Sunday Morning" that we recorded. But from what you said about it I too think I'll really enjoy watching. But as I've mentioned, I sit on the Sunday show till the following Saturday evening to watch the recording. It often gives me a perspective of how what was important one week isn't all that important the following week.

They've always had great hosts on "CBS Sunday Morning." But my favorite was Charles Kurolt. Remember "On The Road With Charles Kurolt"?

KC; You can come out of time-out any time now.

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

Tough loss for The Lions Kathie. They did Detroit proud to get to the conference championship.
Hope all goes well at the knee surgeons this morning. Be careful when you’re out and about for groceries too!
Being from up north with all the snow we’re naturals at “shovelling it“ Dave. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: We always enjoyed On The Road with Charles Kuralt. I don’t recall anyone ever calling him Charlie. It sounds like your nephew‘s business model is “respect given, respect returned”. Neat.
At 46F this morning I don’t see an early dip in the pool.
Maybe I’ll see if any of the Disney hotels have openings for breakfast. Hey, a guy and his best gal gotta eat.
You all have a fantastic Monday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits.

Yup, BIG LOSS for our Lions, but we’re still so proud the made it as far as they did.
That locker room must have been horrible to go into after the game. Hope they hold their heads high and know they really made Detroit come together these past few months.

Out of here to go for my appt.

Overcast skies and we must have got a VERY LIGHT DUSTING of snow through the night. Nothing you could even measure.

Have a good day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well for us Floridians it is cold. 54 right now in Fort Pierce and only supposed to get up to maybe 64 but that won't last.

K2 Detroit has a lot to be proud of with the Lions. We only watch the Super Bowl so we don't have anything really set with either team. Hope all went well with the Knee Surgeon.

Last night I decided to fix pot roast today so will go get what I need in a bit. It has been awhile since we have had pot roast.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Chief Security Officer
Guess my endorsements were the kiss of death for the Bills and the Lions, but the Lions game was a more exciting game than the one that preceded it. Lions fans can be proud of how far into the Playoffs, their team made it. Although I am normally an AFL fan, I believe I will be rooting for the 49ers on Super Bowl Sunday.
Hard. to complain about our chilly weather when, back home, they are experiencing 36 degrees and snow flurries, but when did that ever stop me. All I can say is this isn't the Florida I have become used to over the decades.
I recently bought something that came in a hard plastic case that resisted my every attempt to open it. Yesterday, I gave it another unsuccessful try and then put it down on the table in order to get some sort of tool to pry it open. Well it fell off the table onto the floor and, wouldn't you know it, it popped open.
Not much planned for the week. Will rest up before heading down to Ft. Lauderdale and Symphony of the Seas. Will be interested to see how we will feel about it after experiencing the Icon.